Money no object ....I wish !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sue denim

Established Member
Reaction score
I am soon to be in a position to buy another (fourth) lathe. I have a treadle lathe, great fun...a small axminster lathe and a very old ML8.

I am looking for a biggie with a variable speed so that I don't have to keep changing pulleys. Mostly for bowl turning with a sweep down to the floor. I am happy to buy a previously owned machine as long as I can still buy parts. 380 or 220 volts.

What would you buy....considering the wife will give me earache if I spend over 1500.

Looking on Fleabay but haven't seen anything that grabs my fancy just yet.

Love to hear your thoughts

regards

'Sue'

I have the Nova 1624-44 lathe for about 3 yrs. now its 8 speed and costs about £900. I have had no trouble with it.

I added V/speed and with the outrigger you can turn up to 36" I think it is. Its 1.5 HP swivelling head stock and as good as you will buy. =D> =D>

Hope this is helpful.

If I had the money and space either a titan or VB but more realistically I am looking at a third lathe once I have extended the garage.

I am thinking of a short bed graduate with VS, like this one graduate-short-bed-variable-speed-lathe-t52847.html and removing the tool rest holder so I can get a larger swing for those large items and getting a floor standing tool rest.

john

I like the look of the graduate, but wasn't sure if the out board bed came off. This would be ideal as there are a few on the flea bay. I take it the variable speed gizmo is an add on. I was put off by the changing of pulley wheels to vary the speed.

Can you still get parts for these?

Just found this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNION-GRADUAT ... 4cfcc2f70a

This might do, trouble is I am not ready yet....not until mid January !!

Regards Sue

Back