Major FleaBay Bargain! And a HUGE thanks to condeesteso

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I finished stripping all of the carriage assembly...the saddle, apron and cross-slide...

Removed all the gunk with paraffin (boy was that stuff stubborn!)...to reveal quite clean steel...which I immediately protected with Camellia oil for now....until I get the Boeshield.

Rob...ALFIE finished helping Annie with her new power strimmer and came in for a bit to help with new labels...

DSC_2560.JPG

...and after warning him never to leave the key in the chuck...and some instruction on the use of the cross-slide controls...

DSC_2569.JPG

I left him to do some threads.....but he seems to have a problem reaching the emergency stop so we will have to go over that again tomorrow.....

DSC_2572.JPG

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jimi

Yup...true workshop dog as well...the trouble is he wants to get into everything and whilst turning down some brass to test my alignment this afternoon he jumped up on the false floor I built and frightened the living daylights out of me...so I will have to ban him from the shop when using it!

Strangely he doesn't do that when I'm wood turning...just sits there and watches...I think it's down to the rain of shavings which interest him more than the lathe!! :mrgreen:

We stripped the entire slide assembly down to parts to clean again today...I wasn't happy that I could still see some of the wax and wanted to make sure that there wasn't any under the ways.....

DSC_2581.JPG

It came up really shiny....the labels worked as well now...but the one with the gear layout is wrong..it's for the non-variable lathe...so will have to go in search of the correct one....

DSC_2589.JPG

The chuck is really quite large! I didn't realise how big it was compared with my ML1 and even the one on the old Taylor...

DSC_2592.JPG

After all this work today...it turns out to be almost spotless and obviously no wear at all...

DSC_2573.JPG

...almost straight from the factory.

Now...the milling machine....I'm off to see one tomorrow! :wink:

Jim

Latest posts

Back