Modern Handle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mu

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm not a great writer here due the language but I read everything.
I would show this saw with a new handle I made. My skill is really low and this handle shows lot of errors but I enjoy working. Maple wood and modern design, probably not comfortable for hours but for my hand is OK. Now the blade is ready for sharpening, but this is another story :lol:

13_1389430521_708239.jpg

12_1389430505_166214.jpg

15_1389430551_804259.jpg

Your opinions are welcome :D

Hi

Nice saw but I have to concur with wizard, I think the weak spot on the handle will be as per indicated below

Saw.png

Regards Mick

Attachments

• Saw.png
    Saw.png
    114.8 KB · Views: 1,168
Thanks for yours comment. :D
Honestly while I made this shape I thinked "that's why nobody made sharp angle like this" because was very hard working in this tight space. But I didn't think at structural weakness you noted. :oops: #-o
Anyway the handle is done and the only thing I can do is test if your certainty will be correct, and if it will break I'll learn something more than today.
Also it would be interesting to have the shares for betting. :D

wizard":368rwnws said:
yes they are new still say there are not many old ones left

My collection of saws say otherwise... There's not a lot of force on a DT saw handle,
they survive just fine.

Remember that the tote of a wooden jack plane has the same grain direction,
and they get a LOT more force than a DT saw.

BugBear

I like the look of it.
It will be interesting to see if it lasts long, it is not as if it will be put under that much strain.

Back