Moderators

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApplebyWT

Established Member
Reaction score
Can someone please get me in contact with a moderator as I have tried many different path to contact them and nothing has worked as of yet.

I would really appreciate anyone who can help me.

Cheers.

ApplebyWT":1cgnqd9z said:
Can someone please get me in contact with a moderator as I have tried many different path to contact them and nothing has worked as of yet.

I would really appreciate anyone who can help me.

Cheers.

You can send a PM to any of the moderators by clicking on their profile and then using the PM button or send an email using the email button.
However you need to have three posts or more under your belt before the PM facility becomes available.

Chas (CHJ) is probably your best contact see here...
member699.html

nev":gjhfb1r9 said:
MrTeroo":gjhfb1r9 said:
AndyT":gjhfb1r9 said:
Try posting here: next-moderator-on-line-t57360.html

Alternatively, report your own post with the Report button.

Don't bother, you won't receive the common courtesy of a reply.

Thank you for your support and understanding and clearly stating your issues.

I did clearly state my issues when I reported a thread that I found to be highly insensitive a couple of weeks back. I reported it once, no reply. I reported it a second time and asked for a response, no response.

Being an internet moderator is a thankless job. My experience of this site is a light touch is applied, with a good dash of common sense and humour. Lets be nice to the people who keep this forum running for us: I am sure they are not employees and just do it when they get a minute!

AJB Temple":1rspksfa said:
Being an internet moderator is a thankless job. My experience of this site is a light touch is applied, with a good dash of common sense and humour. Lets be nice to the people who keep this forum running for us: I am sure they are not employees and just do it when they get a minute!

+1

Few years back I used to admin a gaming clan site as well as the servers. Still do in theory. It really was a thankless task. I did it for the sake of the site and the other admins. I still chat on skype with them most nights and regard them as good friends. Only reason I mention it is for the amusement of the Mods here. One summer we had an earnest letter (email) from a younger member asking for a summer job as work experience. He thought we got paid for it. :D
Cheers Guys. It's more appreciated than you might know by many.

Speaking a someone who's administers telephone BBS, ham radio BBS, and internet forums ever since the mid 80's one common theme has bound and marred them all...

"Error 95 - end user input encountered"

Col.

Bm101":39qj14ai said:
Few years back I used to admin a gaming clan site as well as the servers. Still do in theory. It really was a thankless task. I did it for the sake of the site and the other admins. I still chat on skype with them most nights and regard them as good friends. Only reason I mention it is for the amusement of the Mods here. One summer we had an earnest letter (email) from a younger member asking for a summer job as work experience. He thought we got paid for it. :D
Cheers Guys. It's more appreciated than you might know by many.

The truth is it's a little time consuming but tolerable when the people behave decently, when they behave like children, it's unpleasant and more time consuming. What I find positively nauseating is when people take pot shots at mods for no other reason than they represent "authority". By and large though, this community is pretty reasonable most of the time. In terms of a knowledge and experience resource, it's superb. Responsive too. The mods receive no benefit of any kind whatsoever (yes I can just hear the violins starting!!!)

+1 for appreciation of the work the moderators do, without them there would be anarchy! (hammer) ok there might be the odd error or delay in response but they're human (despite what some may say :lol: ) and they have lives as well. Just go on some of the car forums or others and see what chaotic abuse there is if unregulated.

keep up the good work fellas, it's appreciated.

+1 for appreciation. The mods seem to have got the balance right with a light touch approach most of the time and the occasional hint of steel when needed.

Many thanks to you all

Walney Col":3r2uhz9k said:
Speaking a someone who's administers telephone BBS, ham radio BBS, and internet forums ever since the mid 80's one common theme has bound and marred them all...

"Error 95 - end user input encountered"

Col.

PICNIC Problem In Chair Not In Computer

Latest posts

Back