Mitutoyo Bevel Protractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speaker

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone help me identify which model Mitutoyo Bevel Protractor this is?
IMG_20240122_125813.jpg

It was donated to my local Men's Shed but it doesn't have the associated Steel Rule and I was hoping if I can identify the model I might be able to find a rule that will fit.

Thanks,
Tony

I'm 99.9% sure it is the same size as the rules in a Starrett or a Moore and Wright or is it Right? If you can find one try it and see if it fits.

Pete

In my experience, the rules for machinist's combination squares are pretty consistent in width and thickness for a given length (and 12" and 24" - and probably 18", too - rules are often the same as each other in thickness and width). I've interchanged Starrett, Brown and Sharpe, Union, and Mitutuoyo parts pretty freely. It looks like a head for a 12" square from here (of course, I'm thousands of miles away, but my eyes are still as sharp as when I was 20...oh, how I wish I hadn't just told a fib!).

The rules for carpenter's combination squares, on the other hand, are generally thinner, although usually the same width, for a given length.

Back