Mitre slide bars, how big is yours?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Sefton

Wood Workers Workshop
UKW Supporter
UKW Sponsor
Reaction score
Threshing Barn, Upton-upon-Severn, Worcs WR8 0SN
I get a few enquiries from people asking about different size mitre slide bars. These are currently only available as US standard 3/4' x 3/8" (19mmx10mm) but what size is your table saw or band saw slot?

I would like to build up a data base of machine slot sizes, so looking for help. If any of you could measure yours and post it along with your machine and model number that would be great.

I have updated my question for clarity

Band saw or table saw

Machine make and model, date of manufacture

Slot width and depth (in mm if possible)

T or U shape

Any other comments?

Thanks for your help
Cheers Peter

Good luck with this excellent project!

Hammer N4400 bandsaw, manufactured 2012. 14.7mm wide, 5.0mm deep, U shaped.

Axminster Trade 300mm disc sander, SS12VS, manufactured 2010. Standard slot, T shaped.

custard":2zqdx1cy said:
Good luck with this excellent project!

Hammer N4400 bandsaw, manufactured 2012. 14.7mm wide, 5.0mm deep, U shaped.

Axminster Trade 300mm disc sander, SS12VS, manufactured 2010. Standard slot, T shaped.

Thanks custard, I had forgotten about disc sanders.

Cheers Peter

Record Power BS350S Bandsaw

Axminster AXE BDS 610 Belt and Disc Sander

Mitre slots.jpg

Sorry, I don't know the dates of manufacture.
Jack

Attachments

• Mitre slots.jpg
    Mitre slots.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 880
Peter Sefton":31lisvwm said:
mikefab":31lisvwm said:
20mm U slot
Wadkin AGS 250, 1980-ish

Thanks Mike, do you also know the depth of the slot? and thanks for the U information I should have asked if it is a T or U shape, I will amend my question?

Cheers Peter
10.4 deep for the Wadkin

Kity bandsaw 15mm wide t slot, 6mm total depth. T is 18.4 wide

Mike

mikefab":3t9rwczy said:
Peter Sefton":3t9rwczy said:
mikefab":3t9rwczy said:
20mm U slot
Wadkin AGS 250, 1980-ish

Thanks Mike, do you also know the depth of the slot? and thanks for the U information I should have asked if it is a T or U shape, I will amend my question?

Cheers Peter
10.4 deep for the Wadkin

Mike

Thanks for the update Mike

Cheers Peter

mikefab":246uzief said:
Peter Sefton":246uzief said:
mikefab":246uzief said:
20mm U slot
Wadkin AGS 250, 1980-ish

Cheers Peter
10.4 deep for the Wadkin

Mike

my kity table saw (618) is the same as the bandsaw.

1963 Wadkin Brusgreen canting spindle,sliding table, dimension saw type; BGS 10". Standard mitre slot to the right of the saw, standard T slot to the left (the sliding part of the table).

Mid to late 1970's Startrite 352. 12.75mm by 4.75mm (near as damn it 1/2" by 3/16").

LynnJ":3vox2l9y said:
Wadkin 10AGS Table saw c.1979 20mm x 9.8mm U shape

Meber P400 Bandsaw 1995 20mm x 4.3mm U shape
I have never found a Mitre bar that fits this slot!

Lynn

Hi Lynn

"I have never found a mitre bar that fits" is the common answer and problem, thanks for your help. If your passing us near Upton Upon Severn come in for a cuppa!

Cheers Peter

Kity 613 Bandsaw - 14.8mm wide, 6mm deep.

Charnwood W404 Disc/Belt Sander - 16.2mm wide, 7mm deep.

memzey":1gfkm5qo said:
1963 Wadkin Brusgreen canting spindle,sliding table, dimension saw type; BGS 10". Standard mitre slot to the right of the saw, standard T slot to the left (the sliding part of the table).

Mid to late 1970's Startrite 352. 12.75mm by 4.75mm (near as damn it 1/2" by 3/16").

Some great solid kit memzey, thanks for your info.

Cheers Peter

You are welcome sir and thank you for the kind complement. With regards to my woodworking machines I have a preference for old English iron :).

I think what you are doing here is great by the way. All too often people get caught out with non-standard mitre gauges and then cannot upgrade from the invariably poor OEM jobbies that come with their machines. I have been quite lucky in that the Bursgreen mitre gauges I have for the DS (I somehow happen to have 2) are solid as you say and my 352 also has a mitre gauge which is good quality, although this is less of an issue on a bandsaw I think.

PS - bit off topic I know but can you recommend a short course for a rank amateur like me to help me get the best out of my hand tools and machines please? TIA

memzey":1hn1mowk said:
You are welcome sir and thank you for the kind complement. With regards to my woodworking machines I have a preference for old English iron :).

I think what you are doing here is great by the way. All too often people get caught out with non-standard mitre gauges and then cannot upgrade from the invariably poor OEM jobbies that come with their machines. I have been quite lucky in that the Bursgreen mitre gauges I have for the DS (I somehow happen to have 2) are solid as you say and my 352 also has a mitre gauge which is good quality, although this is less of an issue on a bandsaw I think.

PS - bit off topic I know but can you recommend a short course for a rank amateur like me to help me get the best out of my hand tools and machines please? TIA

Hi memzey, best I don't recommend anybody for short courses as this might be seen as advertising but if you look at my profile you might get a clue :)

Cheers Peter

Peter Sefton":3a2dx49p said:
memzey":3a2dx49p said:

Hi memzey, best I don't recommend anybody for short courses as this might be seen as advertising but if you look at my profile you might get a clue :)

Cheers Peter
I know Peter - I was hoping you would recommend me one of yours! Perhaps it would be better to pick this up on PM then.

Latest posts

Back