Mitre Saw blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good place to get some Mitre Saw blades.

I need a new one for my Mitre Saw, don't want to go crazy on a top of the line blade as the saw only cost me £90 from Argos (I know I know, argos tools)

Anyway, it's a 210mm blade with 30mm bore.
The one that came with the saw is only 24T I'm looking for something that will give me a finer cut.
I did actually bid on 3 49T blades on ebay, but I've just received a message from the seller that there was a mistake, and they were actually 32T

Edit:
I've noticed that 216mm is also a "standard" blade size. I guess it's not a good idea to use one of these instead of a 210mm one.

TIA
J

I use Summit saw blades on E-bay and have found them to be very good. I have one on my SCMS, one on my RAS, and one on my table saw. Can reccomend them. :wink:

Excellent, thanks very much.
I didn't see them before because I was searching for "210mm", but they list thier blades as "210x30x64T"

Do you think 64T is overkill? What's the disadvantage of having a high tooth count?
To be honest, I don't use the saw an awful lot, but when I do, I've been frustrated with the amount of chip out on the cut. That's the reason for looking at new blades.

Thanks again.
J

Depends really on what you mainly use it for. 64t on that size of blade should give nice smooth cut on most materials, but will cut slower. Might struggle on bit on thicker/ denser/older woods. It will cost a lot more to sharpen as well, should you go down that route (shapening is WELL worth considering for the future).
Otherwise it's fine. For that size of blade I might be more tempted to go with a 40T, it's a bit more of a general blade, but there aint really much in it for the average person.

I use sarah at Method Tools for my blades (Ignore the wholesale bit, shes usually good to us on here).

woody

Thanks
At the moment, it's only been used for pine. Not overly botherd about speed of cut. Maybe i'll go for the 40T though, cut ends will probably get planed anyway if they show.

Back