Mitre gauge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard S

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I am looking for advice on an after market mitre gauge for a Jet Supersaw. What do you guys use ? what seems to be the best value in terms of accuracy versus cost? Any whole hearted recommendations? Alternatively does any one know if you can buy replacement guide bars for the Jet supplied guide as the problem is that the bar is quite a loose fit in the slot even with the adjustment screws at their max setting?
Any and all advice gratefully accepted

Richard

I think Newbie_Neil is the Supersaw expert. He'll be along shortly no doubt. I have heard of people using a centre punch at regular intevals along the bar which causes it to spread fractionally and improves the fit.

Adam

Hi Adam

Adam":1s90r2io said:
I have heard of people using a centre punch at regular intervals along the bar which causes it to spread fractionally and improves the fit.

This would be my first course of action and hopefully it'll solve the problem.

I have the sliding table and the mitre gauge didn't take too long to set up accurately.

As far as after-market gauges are concerned, iirc, Waka or Philly have an Incra which would give you super accuracy.

Cheers
Neil

like philly i have the osboune its the dogs thingys .a few other lads have it as well .

frank

Hi Richard,

I also have the Supersaw and the Osborne EB3 works a treat in the saw. Although I have to say, The supplied standard gauge with mine needed adjusting at first but is now as snug as a bug.

cheers,
jon.

Back