Misleading or scam

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but i have sent him a message and he hasnt responded yet he has put a few more items on Ebay since.

Have you turned your volume up when clicking that link,i get sme stupid ebay song !!!!

tried to make a complaint to Ebay about misquoting prices but it says item doesnt exist...??? Hmmm :!:

OLD":2wkakb8p said:
You could send a message to the seller and point out his error

I have but he chooses to ignore it despite adding more items since my message to him.

check out the 1/4 hex socket set he has for sale, £5.00 the pair.........nice.

tiler99":3ktxlhaj said:
OLD":3ktxlhaj said:
You could send a message to the seller and point out his error

I have but he chooses to ignore it despite adding more items since my message to him.

It sounds like he knows what he's doing (conning people) the trouble is that there are people who believe that anything they buy off ebay is going to be cheaper than anywhere else.

I allways check with a search and often find it cheaper elsewhere. For example, I searched for a routertable, nothing special, just enough to get me started, I found a nutool router table, the starting price was £10, I thought this will do me nicely, I searched the internet and found one at diy.co.uk for £34.95, so if i could get this one for £25 + postage (can't remember how much) bargain, but some gonk bid £45 for it and I bet he thought he got a bargain, unless of course he had someone bidding for him to boost the price.

I bet this guy bought this SIP saw from ebay for about £50.

Martin

I think a lot of Ebay tool sales reply on the item looking like a good tool, items like dewalt thicknessers sell for close to retail price, when someone who is new to this type of tool see's a NUTool one at a fraction of the cost it looks like an amazing bargin!

It's quite common to see items sell for the same as the shop price (or more) and then get postage added on top - google isn't hard to use, so why are people bidding without checking - oh well.

Even stranger - I've seen information being sold in pdf format that has been copied from a freely viewable website!!

cambournepete,

I know it's not a great saw, but £75 new isn't a complete rip off, IMHO

Don't forget that for £99 you get the rear extension and a 2 year warranty, but anyway tiler99's point was the £700 RRP.

Cheers

Mike

He has replied to my message now and says he searched the net to get info on the saw and came up with £700 for the bigger model, so whether he thought they were the same or whether he thought he would try it on we will never know. At least he has edited his sale and its not misleading which was my point.

I was looking for a table saw. Found what I wanted on Ebay located in Germany. The price was TWICE the price I was offered by a reputable agent and he included shipping in the price. Beware Ebay - it is a minefield!!
Peebsa24

dexteria":39ib5oem said:
some people are just plain stupid tho. This item had a buy it now price of £600 for about 4 days before the first bid.
Best of it's type? Whoa, there! And as for "the blade and arbor are so well supported that it is capable of good finish panel work without resorting to scoring saws", the guy is talking out of his nether regions (but then Wadkin did offer scorers on the BGP sfor at least 10 years before production ceased), whilst "a far superior machine to the Wadkin for the following reasons:- It is of all cast iron construction. It will accept a 14" blade and is therefore capable of heavier work", well same again, really; the Wadkin BGP was available in sizes up to 16in but unlike the Danckaert didn't need a 14in blade to cut 3-3/4in thick stock - it could manage it on the standard 12in machine....... But then maybe he also failed to notice that Danckaerts went to the wall in the 1970s so never really got round to putting scoring blades on anything. Yes, eBay is certainly full of BS :roll:

Scrit

Latest posts

Back