advertising.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Reading threads on tools that are obviously designed to look like better/ top class tools, I started to think about deliberately misleading adverts. This is one to my mind, I don't quite understand how it's legal - it's not Belgian, it's made (I'm reluctant to say brewed) in this Country. Carlsberg, Foster's, San Miguel ... all the same. If I tried to pass off a watch made in Northhampton as Swiss, Trading Standards wold quite righty be down on me like a ton of bricks, so why is it OK for beer?

Attachments

• DSC_0000068 - Copy.jpg
    DSC_0000068 - Copy.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 0
because it doesn't say made in Belgium - and I think that they argue that it is 'Belgium style' which is a thing... rather like a belgian chocolate...
in their tv adverts they do have clarity around where it is made

Reading threads on tools that are obviously designed to look like better/ top class tools, I started to think about deliberately misleading adverts. This is one to my mind, I don't quite understand how it's legal - it's not Belgian, it's made (I'm reluctant to say brewed) in this Country. Carlsberg, Foster's, San Miguel ... all the same. If I tried to pass off a watch made in Northhampton as Swiss, Trading Standards wold quite righty be down on me like a ton of bricks, so why is it OK for beer?
Well then there's an option to travel Europe wide on a beer cruise, as I treated myself to one- Waitrose does tiny small 4 bottles of Belgian beers for mere £12
Wasn't worth it from any other, but self pleasuring aspect TBH :D

Well then there's an option to travel Europe wide on a beer cruise, as I treated myself to one- Waitrose does tiny small 4 bottles of Belgian beers for mere £12
Wasn't worth it from any other, but self pleasuring aspect TBH :D
I heard the other day that it's now cheaper to fly to Slovakia and bring back 200 cigarettes than it is to buy them in this Country.

I heard the other day that it's now cheaper to fly to Slovakia and bring back 200 cigarettes than it is to buy them in this Country.
(in sudden serious tone):
I'm certain it's "illegal" to grow your own smokes? surely that'd combine horticultural and other bad habits in to one

I was going to say about Domio not being made in Italy so quickly googled it to remind myself of the country of manufacture and this is from their website

'In Australia, in 1985 Masterfoods test-launched Alora Spaghetti Bolognese sauce in a 500g resealable glass jar. From Australia, Alora moved to a small launch in Scotland, where it became an immediate hit. After changing its name to Dolmio®, the brand began to grow in popularity in the UK, Ireland and then started rolling out globally. For the first time, Spaghetti Bolognese was easy to cook!'

So absolutely nothing to do with Italy despite the cartoon Italian puppets on the adverts and implication that it's a staple product for Italian families.

(in sudden serious tone):
I'm certain it's "illegal" to grow your own smokes? surely that'd combine horticultural and other bad habits in to one
perfectly legal to grow tobacco for your own consumption. You just have to pay the duty on it apparently (I doubt anyone ever does)

Back