Mirka DEROS 5650CV Random Orbit Sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveF

Established Member
Reaction score
anyone want to talk me out of this?
hobby use mainly by love of my life

Steve

GET IT, yes it's expensive but you will soon forget the price you paid for it even if it's just for hobby-usage + they hold their value incredibly well, I sold my used unit when the warranty ran out for it for £250 and bought a New unit with new 3year warranty+ case+extra pad for £310

here's the cheapest place I found myself , also comes with the rebranded festool case which is worth some £50 alone
( I bought from them as well it a month ago, ordered at 4pm was in my hands next day at 11am)
https://www.angliatoolcentre.co.uk/mirk ... oC2frw_wcB

coupon for 5% off: 300CQ90
+ there's also 7.7% quidco cashback

So comes to about £330 after that coupon+cashback. ( although when I ordered it a month ago it was some £20 less in that website)

MikeJhn":2izz6crn said:
You have got to love the supercilious grin on the chap sanding the wall: https://www.angliatoolcentre.co.uk/mirk ... oC2frw_wcB =D>

Mike

I-Have-No-Idea-What-Im-Doing-9.jpg

They are great to use but in our workshop with 4 joiners and various makes of sander the mirka is the most unreliable. It's always playing up and having to be fixed. Good when working though.

Not the DEROS but I've got the CEROS and it's brilliant.
Was trying to decide between the Mirka and a Festool in Axminster at Nuneaton and even the Festool rep conceded it was ever bit as good as his kit.

well i never got talked out of it so I pushed the button
sadly the kit I ordered from a supplier was not delivered as advertised contents
waiting to have a reply so will not name and shame yet
cant put to use as not sure if they will re-supply full kit

Steve

supplier promised to send missing parts
was so excited to have a play but will now wait
i am think about some pad savers so will pop to axi at weekend
do you use abranet on timber ?

Steve

SteveF":15z6z9vl said:
supplier promised to send missing parts
was so excited to have a play but will now wait
i am think about some pad savers so will pop to axi at weekend
do you use abranet on timber ?

Steve

I would just use it without pad savers, my last one lasted for a year+ before it started to show any wear signs but was still solid, the thick pad savers supposedly create a bit of a off-force thus not leaving the best possible finish. New pads if bought from ebay are only about 10-15pounds , a pad saver is half of that.. so not worth it really.

I have some abranet, but.. I have found it's a nightmare to use on anything else than a flat surface as it tears so easily if you sand some edges + they are notorious for destroying your pads+ they don't really last that much longer as well if used with timber..
I'm using them however when I need to sand some walls as in that case they last very long and provide really good dust extraction- that's the only use I have for them...way too much hype over them.

MrDavidRoberts":2hl07dkk said:
I would just use it without pad savers, my last one lasted for a year+ before it started to show any wear signs but was still solid, the thick pad savers supposedly create a bit of a off-force thus not leaving the best possible finish. New pads if bought from ebay are only about 10-15pounds , a pad saver is half of that.. so not worth it really.

I have some abranet, but.. I have found it's a nightmare to use on anything else than a flat surface as it tears so easily if you sand some edges + they are notorious for destroying your pads+ they don't really last that much longer as well if used with timber..
I'm using them however when I need to sand some walls as in that case they last very long and provide really good dust extraction- that's the only use I have for them...way too much hype over them.

Not been my experience at all and I the only thing I use my Mirka sander for is timber. Pad shows no sign of wear and discs last for ages. Are you sure you aren't applying to much pressure rather than using a more aggressive grit? I wouldn't use anything else other than Abranet

bit of an old thread but why not
i have the pad savers and like a lot, your not thinking of the "interface pads" which are a lot thicker
i think the savers are only 2mm thick
I use abranet and can't fault it

Steve

I have a Deros and love it although havent had it long enough to talk about reliability. I do agree about abranet not lasting long it not solely used on flat surfaces.

I bought a DEROS and absolutely love it. Came bundled with 200 abranet disks, 125mm base, 150mm base, a specific hose for my extractor and a selection of abrasives for both sides of base...starting at P40!

I use the interface pads, 2-3mm thick, saves the velcro base and therefore a less expensive replacement. Abranet is great for timber of all kinds, sheet goods, veneered stuff and paint.

Finish is impeccable every time.

Regards,

Andy.

Back