Milwaukee M18 Fuel cordless router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farmer Giles

The biggest tool in the box
Reaction score
I have been looking at cordless routers for a while, mainly for trimming laminate, rounding over edges and possibly more. I like the Makita but I'm mainly Milwaukee at the moment and didn't want a plethora of batteries and charger. Plus a body only router is just about on my budget but add batteries/chargers and I can't justify the price.

So I was contemplating buying a Milwaukee battery to Makita tool adapter, costs about 20 quid delivered from China, but it adds a lot of height and as the battery is at the top it gets top heavy and the benefits of a small cordless tool diminishes. Up to now Milwaukee only sold corded routers, but I thought I would have another search. It looks like they just launched one a couple of days ago, seems powerful enough to drive a Leigh jig too. I'm off to the US in October/November for a business trip, one may just fall into my suitcase :) It will be a bare tool so no issue with shipping batteries ;)

I watched someone else covering that event just last night. They have some nice looking trim nailers coming out as well. Hope you've got a big suitcase!

Back