Miles Toola and Machinery Centre

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcleod

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Anyone else having problems contacting Miles Tools and Machinery ????

I ordered a couple of small spare parts over a week ago, they confirmed the order and it was paid for on the same day.

Checked the website today and the parts are showing as not even having been despatched.

I know they say 5-10 working days for delivery, but they are going to need to move fast to meet that deadline !!

Tried calling them this morning - 4 times over an hour, phone was engaged every time.

Just wondered if anyone else having the same experiences or knows of a problem there...

Thanks !!!!!

It depends on what the parts are. I had a bit of a delay on some bits I needed for my belt sander. I sent them an email quoting the order number and asking when I could expect delivery and they got back to me quickly.

I've always found Miles a good place to get stuff.

Misterfish

Bought a number of small items from them last year, took ages.

Maybe I'm impatient, but I wouldn't bother with them again. I guess companies like Axminster raise our expectations of service, but I think it is sharp practice to advertise what you don't have in stock

There is more to e-commerce than having a trendy looking website, you also need to have the business infra-structure to support it.

i do regularly business with them

and yes they are very slow to get on the phone, but the afternoons are best

but they always deliver on their promisse

Ratter":o6up4e9r said:
Bought a number of small items from them last year, took ages.

Maybe I'm impatient, but I wouldn't bother with them again. I guess companies like Axminster raise our expectations of service, but I think it is sharp practice to advertise what you don't have in stock

There is more to e-commerce than having a trendy looking website, you also need to have the business infra-structure to support it.

I think they keep in stock the 'common' spare parts and also provide the very useful service of gettting almost any other part available in which case they are dependant on the original manufacturer In the case of my Bosch spare parts they were waiting for the parts to come in from Bosch.

Also, they are not a huge warehouse, but just a shop in Yeovil
mtmc.jpg

I find they provide a useful service.

Misterfish

Update

Got an e-mail from them today.

the items have been despatched for delivery today

Wonder if someone from there reads this forum !!!

BTW - good use of Google streetview....

Well, the delivery was there when I got home yesterday....

HOWEVER,,,it is inly 50% right,,,so now have to call em again,,,

:( :( :(

Back