microsoft warning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thetyreman

Established Member
Reaction score
is this genuine? got an email today warning me somebody has tried to log in from russia, if it's a fake then it's a very good one, they want me to click on the link in the email,

photo attached, let me know what you think, I'm worried if I click on the link they'll hack my computer...

regards,

Ben.

Attachments

• microsoftwarning.JPG
    microsoftwarning.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 0
Is the email from someone you know?
Does the email use personal information to show that you have a relationship (e.g. your insurance company writing to you)

If not - never click on a link - simply security

spam - ditch it.

if you are still concerned you can go to the offical Microsoft website manually in a browser and change your password - do not do this by using the link in the email!

If you are on a machine with a mouse, then you can hover the mouse above the link/picture. You should see the address that you would go to if you click. Quite often this is obviously wrong....... and then confirms that it is bogus.
But that is only just for fun.

No reputable organisation should expect you to click a link in an email. If in doubt log on by your normal route.

Back