meter cupboard

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got this cupboard finished this afternoon....or so I thought as the customer came into the shop and asked if I could paint it along with the under stairs slide outs I have just fitted for him.

After some discussion I agreed to hand paint the interior of the slide outs as they are already fitted and spray the doors and the cabinet. :D

More questions....

Are those Butt hinges? Are they straight into the mdf.

When you spray, do you do a hand coat at some point? Or just all spray.

Cheers Alan

These are the cutters I used on the doors:http://www.wealdentool.com/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Profile_124__40x4__443.html
I don't use router cutters for raised panels preferring to do them on the spindle moulder as it's quicker.
Yes they are butt hinges but not screwed into the MDF. I placed some Dominos into the carcase for the screws to bite into. As the cabinet stands all of the moulded edges have been given a brush coat of sealer, I will then spray the primer and top coats. HTH.

I got all of the units finished and fitted today, which the customer was pleased with and also asked me to price up a couple of small wardrobes. Anyway this is how they turned out.

I will probably get the job for the stairs too. :D

Those cupboards under the stairs are great and would suit our house nicely.

Do you happen to have any more pictures of them or any details on how they are constructed and slide? Keeping in mind I'm still new :)

Thanks Mike, yes they did line up perfectly on this one. I used Dr Bob's method on this and made a template of the stairs first. The slides I used are the heavy duty Accuride runners from Hafele, they are not cheap but will take up to if I remember correctly around 120kg. For this job I made runner plates for the units to sit on which were adjustable for height as the floor was no where near level being more akin to a mountain range! :shock: Here are the plates:

Once the plates were levelled and in the correct place they were screwed to the floor. Here is a pic of the units sat on the plates before any finish.

The doors were screwed to the units from the back and the whole lot was screwed down onto the plates once aligned with each other.
It did take a while to level the bases due to the floor being so far out but once this was done it was pretty straight forward to align the doors. HTH. :wink:

Thanks mailee, way beyond what I can manage at the moment but certainly one to do in the future.
Hat's off to you.

Back