metabo sxe 450 turbo tec sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markus

Established Member
Reaction score
hi,any body got this sander?is it as good as they say it is?

This looks like a good sander done some checks and best price so far is £162 im thinking of getting one the spec of the sander looks very good + a 3yr warenty not bad it looks very well made.

Had one, was excellent, especially with the ability to change orbit size. position was comfortable, was a bit noisy, dust extraction was excellent, I always used an extractor. Mine had pretty constant use for two years and never had any probs with it mechanically or electrically. Heavy if being used in non-table applications, and a bit unwieldly.

Only complaint is the hooks on the base pad would wear out fairly rapidly causing the sanding disc to be flung about like mini frisbee's

Good sized box too. Highly recommended.

Just bought a Festool RO150 from another forum member, haven't had the chance to use it on site yet, but first impressions are really good. No slow down in the speed of the motor when more pressure is applied, and it has the ability to change between orbital and eccentric sanding. Pretty quiet too.

And if you are wondering why I still dont have the Metabo, It's 'coz some tea leaf had it.
:evil: :evil:

Decklan

I have the older model had it a year or so and its great you can change speed and orbit and dust extraction is great when connected to my Festool vac.

I think the newer one is more powerful.

Hi

Have one in use for the last 2 years nothing to complain about a great bit of gear.
Norman

Back