metabo hc260c planer blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pecker

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone know of a supplier for blades for this planer (ideally 3rd party not metabo originals). I can only seem to find Transtools who charge the standard 19.99 (+p&p)for the throw away blades. I'd really like a nother company to get these or copies from at hope fully a lesser price!

many thanks

Woody

Hi Pecker,

Axminster sell these http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-HSS- ... -21723.htm

The 15th one down (510192) £14.79. It says Elektra Beckum which you will know is now Metabo.

I am sure you could use any of the blades from the Metabo/Elektra Beckum 260M range of clones, for instance the Perform CCNPT, SIP 01344, Draper BPT260 and Record PT260. The blades for these might be cheaper.

You do know that you can get a kit to convert your machine to resharpenable blades don't you? I seem to remember that it is not cheap but in the long run it will save you money.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Mike

hi all,

the blades are NOT the same as the previous Elec/Beck incarnation. They fit the hc260 C (not m or k), so the axminster ones do not fit - unless you buy a conversion kit. Been there already... :cry:
They are not tersa blades either, thanks.

I do know somewhere (method tools), but cant remember the cost so just thought I'd ask about- they also have to import them especially for me from spain.
Oh, yes, I do know you can get a kit to convert them to sharpenable, I even have the part number from Transtools... but cant seem to locate it anywhere.

I will have to locate the stockist for Swansea (thats the nearest) and call them I think.

many thanks one and all

regards
woody

Hi Pecker,

Well that is certainly strange because I myself buy my blades from Axminster. I have the older Elektra Beckum 260M (the green model) which because I have a Jet stand alone planer, I use as a thicknesser, and their blades fit this.
Admittedly because I keep a number of spares, it must be 3 years or more since I bought my last set, but surely they have not changed that much?

Oh well you win some you loose some. Have you tried Metabo for the resharpenable coversion kit?

Cheers

Mike

Mike I actually ordered Axminster blades last time around. only to discover they are a different size on the "C" incarnation of the machine, also (from memory now) they only have two holes in and the new ones have three (or visa versa).

Unless things have changed now, - I haven,t spoken to Axminster this time around - they unfortunetly wont fit.

kind regards Woody

Latest posts

Back