mercedes vans

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clewlowm

Established Member
Reaction score
hello everyone, do any of you own a new shape mercedes sprinter? and if you do. what do think of the build quality? mine is falling to pieces.

Hi,

I don't own a new style Mercedes Sprinter, but when I was looking for a newish second-hand van a couple of years back, the Sprinter was quite high on my list as an option until I saw one in the flesh. I wasn't impressed and got a 2 year old Peugot Boxer instead - cheaper than the Mercedes, more load space and low-loading sills. It's now 4 years old and I've had no problems at all with it.

tekno.mage

hi.its a cracking van. just would not expect a 57 plate van to be starting to rust :evil: looks like someone been using an angle grinder next to it. suppose i should get it under warranty.

not sure if the vito has the american influence like the sprinter has? cannot really fault the van apart from the build quality.

Merc cars have been quite iffy over the last 10 years when the accountants held sway over the engineers, lots of bodywork issues with rust and other general problems. Now supposed to be improved as their rep was in the toilet and beginning to affect sales. Don't know how this translates to their commercial vehicles

My old man has a vito 04 plate that hes had from new. Last year it had to go in to the merc garage for 11 weeks to have all the body work replaced....rust. Although it was out of the 3 year warrenty they didnt have a problem changing all the body work free of charge. (I could be wrong but i think all mercs come with a 10 year rust warrenty) apart from that and the glove box cover constantly dropping on the passengers knees hes never had a problem...

Richard

it seems to be a common problem on sprinters. along with squeaky clutch pedal.... so annoying! its due a service soon so will see what they say.

Latest posts

Back