• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Mega Timber Haul, European Oak, Sapele, Iroko & Redwood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Adam Mada

Established Member
Reaction score
Got myself a mega haul. About 10 pallets of european oak, sapele, iroko and a bit of redwood.

To give you an idea of what I'm talking about, the timber ranges from 50mm x 75mm to smaller bits at 20 x 50mm, in lengths between 4ft and 8ft. There is a bit of oak tongue and groove too. All PAR.

I can't use all this myself. Splitting some with a friend but still too much. I'm thinking of selling a bit here or on eBay. What kind of value are we talking per square foot?

TimC

Reaction score
well if you fancy selling a bit of the oak and redwood to me, i'd be happy to take it off your hands!!

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
The other day I was offered some Brown Oak, 4" thick and 2" thick. 10 Years old and it was offered at £50.00 a cube, to clear. That's berry berry good! It wasn't long enough for my purposes, and I have nowhere to store what I ain't using! So I had to pass.

At my usual supplier I have to pay upwards of £45.00 for English Oak, 1.25" thick.
Through the trade Oak is classed as medium priced
Iroko as low priced
Sapele as low priced.

HTH
:)

Adam Mada

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks, luckily I didn't pay anywhere near £45 for the oak!

Benchwayze":3ihed8kd said:
The other day I was offered some Brown Oak, 4" thick and 2" thick. 10 Years old and it was offered at £50.00 a cube, to clear. That's berry berry good! It wasn't long enough for my purposes, and I have nowhere to store what I ain't using! So I had to pass.

At my usual supplier I have to pay upwards of £45.00 for English Oak, 1.25" thick.
Iroko as low priced
Sapele as low priced.

HTH

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
Adam Mada":18oedb64 said:
Thanks, luckily I didn't pay anywhere near £45 for the oak!

Benchwayze":18oedb64 said:

Iroko as low priced
Sapele as low priced.

HTH
Oh well, I don't live near to a forest! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I reckon £45.00 is reasonable for good English Oak. I just need enough for a dining suite. (Sans sideboard)

So I reckon £250.00 will cover it with some left over!
Leaving aside the labour, where could I buy a table and six chairs for that price? (Unless I buy rubbish flat-pack.)

custard

Established Member
Reaction score
Benchwayze":2bxd54ht said:
How long was it?

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
custard":fr93in3m said:
Benchwayze":fr93in3m said:
How long was it?
Custard,

4 and 5 foot lengths. I need 7 footers at least for a dining table. There were some among the lot, but they had gone ! I probably could have used it for legs, and cross stretchers, but I want to make the selection from the same bole if possible.

Just my luck. Looks like I'll be using ordinary oak.. (Well as ordinary as oak ever is.) :)

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
Them planks as all bin sold now so, like, I'll chase 'em up and down the country, an' tek sum photies. Wun't alter the fact I ain't not got none of it! :duno: :duno: :duno: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:lol: :lol: