measuring into grooves

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alf":y5rbr2cp said:
WiZeR":y5rbr2cp said:
I have had a PM suggesting that Jacob was banned. If this is true it is totally out of order.
That'd be the one from Jacob suggesting the Yahoo group instead...? I thought that was a little out of order, yes. And that's speaking as someone who voluntarily shared Jacob's one month ban in mild protest. But let us make like a Boojum and let it softly and silently vanish away.

I think certain people are over-reacting and essentially playing into Jacob's mischievous hands. Like a wayward parrot, a firm voice and not getting into a total hissy fit every time he does a Bad Thing is probably advisable. Not so easy if the parrot's hanging onto your ear-lobe, but luckily Jacob seems minus beak... And after all he does occasionally say useful things and may even have beautiful plummage in the right light :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Who'd be grateful if Jacob could refrain from getting banned until after I'd tried doing a rod for these doors 'cos I may need advice...
Rod advice ey? Hmm yes stand back let me at it!
Wossa problem? I'd be happy to explain everything again :lol:
Thanks for the mild protest BTW.
I think I might have got a copy of J Brown's book at last, via Abe books, for only a fiver + post, which is a deal as it is unavailable except at daft prices. I'm looking forward to reading it. And I've ordered old Jimmy Krenov vol 2 just to show that I haven't got a closed mind :D

please don't misinterpret my genuine questions with trouble making, it was nothing of the sort, I appreciate the effort you made to answer my questions.
Sokay Byron I was only joking, happy to oblige, sorry if boring though.

cheers
Jacob

If anyone wants to read a primer on rods and stuff go to the articles, Every Rod Tells a Story parts 1 and 2 from Furniture & Cabinetmaking, issues 85 and 86, Feb and Mar 2004.

Alternatively, I have a copy of the original manuscript on my hard drive. Slainte.

Paul Chapman":2mi8er1i said:
Alf":2mi8er1i said:
Who'd be grateful if Jacob could refrain from getting banned until after I'd tried doing a rod for these doors 'cos I may need advice...

Me too - I'm quite interested in rods and have used them for a few jobs :)
Seems we're all outta luck, Paul. Waiting to hear what the crime was now...

Richard, amazingly I think I may have those very issues about my person someplace. I will hunt them out. Thank you.

Cheers, Alf

Alf":m0gf3ft3 said:
Paul Chapman":m0gf3ft3 said:
Alf":m0gf3ft3 said:

Me too - I'm quite interested in rods and have used them for a few jobs :)
Seems we're all outta luck, Paul. Waiting to hear what the crime was now...

:? :? :? :? :? :?

Latest posts

Back