Mates lost on bikes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joethedrummer

Established Member
Reaction score
I"ve had to say the "goodbye" to some mates so I know how it hurts, but I bet those gone would have chuckled at this,,
Paddy says to Murphy "My mate came off his motorbike today". "Oh really" says Murphy. "Yes" Paddy answers "He has brain damage, 2 broken arms and is blind in one eye" Murphy says "Bloody hell, no wonder he came off!"

had a good laugh at that...

When I was young eight of us used to ride together, now only two of us are still alive, oddly we are the eldest two...(always were :) )

5 mates gone on bikes for me (all 30 years or more ago before the laws got tighter about kids being able to ride a 250cc on L plates with zero experience).

I never got out of biking but instead got out of fast bikes and bought an armchair welded to some wheels.

Attachments

• DSCF0034.JPG
    DSCF0034.JPG
    240 KB · Views: 1,026
Sadly there's quite a number of "born again bikers death roads " near where I live - perhaps the A272 being the most notorious?
A pretty winding road now be-spoiled with numerous Police warning signs.

A school friend of mine, who was the first to reach 16 and buy a scooter, was killed after a few weeks on it - there was no way my parents would consider a powered bike after that. I had to wait until I was 17 and drive an A35 van.

Rod

This was my last one, I think it's one of the most beautiful bikes ever made. The likes off which will never be seen again due to emission rules.

An Aprillia RS250 Max Biaggi race replica. 2 stroke mentalist bike.

yrel.jpg

Sweet Doc.

I had a Honda CBR 1000 before the Harley and that did 185 top end and it cornered on rails. Trouble is my licence was NOT going to last! I sold it to a Norwegian who rode it home to Oslo :)

Hi

Two more of my projects - restoring my G3 and T160V - will I ever ride them again? well perhaps, to vintage shows.

Regards Mick

doctor Bob":38yc5w9c said:
This was my last one, I think it's one of the most beautiful bikes ever made. The likes off which will never be seen again due to emission rules.

An Aprillia RS250 Max Biaggi race replica. 2 stroke mentalist bike.

yrel.jpg

A guy I used to work with used to race those Bob. He won a lot of trophies for his races and even a £25,000 Aprillia which he has on show in his dinning room never started. He gave up racing as he couldn't get enough sponsorship to get into the big bikes.

Back