Makita UK Service Centre - Brilliant

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austinisgreat

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
To cut a long story short, I have a Makita chainsaw which is 12 years old. I bought it second hand from a mate for about 50 quid IIRC. It's always been brilliant. Anyway it started developing starting and running problems. I gave it to a local machine man who diagnosed a faulty carburettor. I found a new carb off the web and gave it to him. The design had apparently changed. So I now had a useless chainsaw and equally useless £60.00 worth of carburettor.

About to abandon hope I sent the whole lot off to the Makita Service centre in MK with a covering letter explaining the situation, more than half expecting a negative response along the lines of "its not cost-effective to repair", etc.

Had a call this morning from a very pleasant chap saying its all done sir. So, I asked what the bill was, and he said "free of charge sir, no problems". They have even posted it off to me FOC too.

Now that is what I call Service!

Cheers

Andrew

Never heard anything about Makita ever (not owned anything Makita apart from a DAB radio to be fair), so it is good to hear this.

they were also brilliant with me when i had a table saw combust several weeks after warranty ended, they collected, inspected & replaced the saw free of charge all in 3 days.

Festool weren't interested when I broke my Domino. Said it wasn't under warranty.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457191674.978244.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457191674.978244.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457191674.978244.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 612
Back