Makita angle drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikNak

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.... can someone possibly help here....

I'm looking to get hold of a Makita 14v angle drill.... similar to the DA312DZ, but takes the PA14 or 1435 type batteries. I know they're probably obsolete now (due to the Li-on range), but as i've got perfectly good tools and batteries i dont really want/need to change (hammer)

Any help much appreciated :D

Nick

Hi

I got mine the 12V version from the dreaded bay. Luckily some one had one local to me so could look at it before bidding. It has been used a fair bit as we do up our house.

I would suggest as a start looking there as people upgrade kit frequently and off load the old stuff.

I also have the 12v version - I got a new one - they were very cheap ~£30 tool only at one time.
Anyway its good and robust - one thing with angle drills is they take a while to get used to so pay attention to the
tool and where your hand will impact the nearest object if the drill grabs - if you are doing joist holes you will soon learn!

finish_that":h9recwdo said:
I also have the 12v version - I got a new one - they were very cheap ~£30 tool only at one time.
Anyway its good and robust - one thing with angle drills is they take a while to get used to so pay attention to the
tool and where your hand will impact the nearest object if the drill grabs - if you are doing joist holes you will soon learn!

Whacked your knuckles on floorboards I guess? :mrgreen: Done that many a time.......

FWIW, I use the 10.8v Makita drill for joists these days, small enough to fit between 400mm centred beams with a spade bit fitted, and powerful enough to drill through even hardwood, providing the bit is sharp.

I bought a 12v one off ebay, advertised as brand new and certainly looked brand new, complete with 2 NiMh 2.6a batteries and case - £50. However the batteries are probably a bit old ( still brand new). They work fine with plenty of punch but discharge after about 3-4 weeks. Still very pleased though, a very handy tool 'when you need it'. The seller had about 5 for sale.

K

graduate_owner":1v9zmxs0 said:
I bought a 12v one off ebay, advertised as brand new and certainly looked brand new, complete with 2 NiMh 2.6a batteries and case - £50. However the batteries are probably a bit old ( still brand new). They work fine with plenty of punch but discharge after about 3-4 weeks. Still very pleased though, a very handy tool 'when you need it'. The seller had about 5 for sale.

K

TBH, I'd expect that discharge rate fro NiCd and NiMh cells (hammer)

Latest posts

Back