Mahogany

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OOPS I FORGOT THIS ONE

Attachments

• DSCF9706.jpg
    DSCF9706.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 68
I'd say the best chance of identifying your timber is in the second piccy of the last bunch you shown
I.e the quartersawn face, we need it way closer to see the grain lines/pores.
Like next to your thumbnail with your thumbnail taking up around half of the picture up.
Try enlarging the pics too
Tom

Those pics remind me of a Johnny Cash dvd I bought -
a643a3a718c852977ba03cc8fcc8b196.jpg

I was gutted when I saw Johnny Cash's head was 10 black and white squares lol. Joking aside, there's not much detail in the pictures- it makes it even harder to guess what it is ;)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yes i agree i have nothing here anymore no planers or planer thicknesser anyone local welcome to have the piece in the picture for identification

Attachments

• DSCF9705.jpg
    DSCF9705.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 61
The second in the last set does look exactly like some wood I was sold as Brazilian mahogany many years back but I wouldn't have know if I was being misguided and never used it since.

Any of you experts want to pay postage for a piece of unknown timber lol Just for your opinion ? your's to do with what you want i can measure it up for you and get a price of postage ?? and all you have to do say in your opinion what timber you think it is could be a bargain or a pink elephant lol someone will do it i can feel it in my bones he 's got another longer piece but not so wide shall i fetch it it will cost me a £10 just for fuel decisions decisions :oops: :oops:

Attachments

• DSCF9705.JPG
    DSCF9705.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF9706.jpg
    DSCF9706.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF9707.JPG
    DSCF9707.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 49
Just flog it on as mahogany of some sort. Can't help but think you've shot yourself in the foot with this. If he was chucking it out anyway, I hope you didn't pay too much !

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I will sell the rest of it on what's bugging me is that i left the longest piece up there and he will throw it out or burn it and if it is mahogany what a waste well what a waste anyway ill go for a drive over the week end to fetch it and sell it all on 'another £10 for fuel gone but a nice drive i should get my money back plus

What computer do you have Alan?
I use windows 10, and use microsoft office picture manager, (an oldish program which can be downloaded for free)
I just RIGHT CLICK the picture on the computer and "edit"... hit resize and select "predefined" Select the large document for the biggest pic.
"OK" it, and then drag the piccy what folder you want it to go in, this will now be resized. :D

To get microsoft picture manager, download sharepoint designer 2007
The program has the "microsoft picture designer" along with other programs you can forget about
Easy for me, and I really don't get along with computers.
Tom

Can someone point me in the right direction i will be selling the Mahogany
mahogany size 2 in thick 15 wide and 50 tall Any suggestions what i should be asking for it £ only a rough guide please '' Alan

mock":2frvri0b said:
Can someone point me in the right direction i will be selling the Mahogany
mahogany size 2 in thick 15 wide and 50 tall Any suggestions what i should be asking for it £ only a rough guide please '' Alan

About £7.50, including delivery to me about 25 miles away. :D

Alan. Good job keeping this out the fire place or a hole in the ground. It was real effort on your behalf and I’m glad it worked out.

Fitz.

Latest posts

Back