Magnetic phone car holders

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark A

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi chaps,

Will the magnet on a holder like this damage my phone memory or battery in the long term? I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 with one of these cases

Cheers,
Mark

Due to the lack of response looks like this forum is not big on magnetism - except personal magnetism, of course :roll: :roll: :roll:

Brian

The best one I use fastens into the facia air vents and is held by a spring.
Mobile Fun sell them for about £7

Mark A":jxhu9zaf said:
That's what I suspected. Okay... I'll find something else.

Thanks,
Mark

Nip down to Lidl sharpish I got a nice one which clamps the side of the phone, with a strong suction cup to attach to the screen for a very small amount of dosh the other day.

Cant remember exactly but <> £5

I don't believe a magnet will damage anything, apart from the compass function, which may or may not be permanently affected. It may, as I think has been mentioned, affect the auto-sleep/turnoff function. I can't see how it would damage the battery.

Magnets will do zero harm to your phone in any way. If your phone happens to have a magnetic compass built in then obviously it will be effected and suffer possible lasting issues. But every other part of the phone is totally safe from magnets unless you happen to be using things strong enough to lift a few cars.

Hi chaps,

I found a holder identical to the one linked by Rod for £5.99 on eBay so bought it. Should arrive by Wednesday.

Thanks for the advice!
Mark

I have never seen these before, looks useful.
Like others have said, i dont think it should be inherently bad for your phone, certainly wont hurt the storage or processing. As for the battery I think that hanging it on your air vents in winter, when it is blowing hot air will certainly do more damage. I just use as strip of velco, costs about 1p. Just remember to put the loops (the soft side) on your phone. #-o

I've had one for two years and never had any problems - I don't take my phone out of its case, just fold the front cover back.

Rod

Back