Magnetal saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loftyhermes

Established Member
Reaction score
DSC00035.jpg

Has anyone got any info on this saw? I've never seen one before, picked it up on Sunday at a car boot sale for a fiver, all I know is it’s a Magnetal saw type SCI 0501 made in Switzerland. It works, but the blade is mounted 90 degrees to normal so work has to be fed from the side. Just wondered if the blade mounts could be turned 90 degrees.

It was an electromagnetic saw like that which introduced me to woodwork :) . Mine was a Spiralux made largely of plastic with a limited cutting depth and it vibrated like a pneumatic hammer! Despite that, I've got fond memories of it and it's still somewhere around the place.

We had a bit of a conversation about electromagnetic saw here.

I don't see any reason why your blade holders shouldn't be rotated if you wish.

Gill

Gill, the blade holders can't be turned, the top one is riveted to the spring steel and I don't want to force anything. I bought this saw for my grandson to use as it's half the size of my Delta, so as soon as he produces anything worth photographing i'll post it on here.

Steve

Gill":1bhgg9k9 said:
I don't see any reason why your blade holders shouldn't be rotated if you wish

loftyhermes":1bhgg9k9 said:
the blade holders can't be turned, the top one is riveted to the spring steel

Now I see a good reason why they shouldn't be rotated :lol: !

Electromagnetic saws are a wonderful introduction to power tools for youngsters because they're so safe. Put a finger against the blade and it stops cutting immediately.

Go on... tell me your grandson's 28 years old ;) .

Gill

Back