Mackintosh's Tea Rooms

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don`t have Sky by any chance, do you?
We often use it to watch programmes which are not broadcast in Scotland, when the BBC, in its wisdom, decides we, in this part of the world, need to see something more relevant to our "cultural differences". It`s really annoying when you see a trailer or spot a programme in the listing for the week ahead, only to read"except for viewers in Scotland."

I don't, sadly, but I do have iPlayer on the telly, so I'll look there.

Mackintosh was globally important (IMHO), so it's rather,er, racist of the BBC not to give it national coverage.

<rant>People like Anthony Gormley and Cow-in-a-jar and the Emmination have been covered interminably for their anti-art, whereas Mackintosh and other genuinely brilliant designers aren't, and you wonder why, or at least, I do.</rant>

Obviously that goes for our hobby/interest/<strike>obsession</strike>, too. There are brilliant people out there now, trying to add functional beauty to life (rather than make narcissistic political statemets), who seem of no interest to the media.

Sorry - bad day. Painting the outside of the house, or was, until it started raining. So I've just run around (not quite in my undies) shoving drainpipes into guttering and gullies again.

Latest posts

Back