Machine Manufacturers Blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenf

Established Member
Reaction score
Every thread regarding new saw machinery always draws the response of " first throw away the blade and replace with a good one".

Why should this be necessary. The manufacturers spend a lot of time and money extolling their machines quality and capabilities, so why don't they set the greatest impression and reputation for their goods by providing them with first class blades.

Personally the machines I have bought seem to have come with a reasonable blade and fit for its general purpose of cutting and I have used it until wear necessitates a new one. The I replace it with a good quality one gleaned from others experiences on this site.

But as the blade is the cutting edge of their machines I do not understand the business case for not providing the cutting edge quality blades. The additional cost using their quantity buying power would surely be covered by the increase in their reputation, machine sales and blade replacement sales.
Is there anybody on the site that is in machinery sales that could advise. (I know Axminster often look in)

Reasonable Ken, yes. But there's a difference between 'reasonable' and 'very good.'

Roy.

Back