Machince Assessment Service?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostgoat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have spotted a machine (surface planer) in the UK that I would be very interested in.
Is it possible to find and hire someone that I could ask to go and view the machine, test it out, take photos/video, provide a general assessment of the machine on my behalf? Similar to how mecahnics provide reports on cars?
Thanks,

lostgoat

There's probably a couple of guys on here that would be willing that have more than enough experience to judge the machine. Whereabouts in the country is the machine out of curiosity or better yet a link to the machine? I understand if you don't want to post it though.

Hi, thanks for the reply.
It'd be great to find someone. It's in Devon.. If anyone was interested I could send them the link privately?

Thanks again,

Seems like a win-win to me, Nice day out in Devon and get to go look at a machine and get paid to do it.

I would do it if I had the time but it's a bit far out of my jurisdiction and I've got a lot of other commitments on the go at the moment.

Oh thanks!
Also, what sort of money do you think is appropriate? A private message be better for that?

Devon is pretty big, dependng on where and what time of day it could take as much as three hours to cross it.

Nearest large town would be enough to get the ball rolling.

Hi - if you want to send me a pm with machine details and exact location I will ask a friend who is now freelance.

He previously worked for a very long time for the largest tool & machine company in that area as one of their key service technicians both workshop & field based - he's a very knowledgeable guy too who knows his way around machines like this and would be able to give you an accurate report.

He may or not be able to do this depending upon commitments - I will ask him if you want, then if he's interested I'll send you his details for you to discuss together.

Cheers,
Nick

Hi guys,

Waiting on a reply from the owner for exact details of where he is based.

Nick, that would be great. Thanks very much. I will send you a PM now.

Thanks again,

lostgoat

Hi I live in Devon but it's a large area so need to know detail etc. I'm no expert but I'm an engineer and have restored most of my machines. If I can help, you need to get in contact with me - not sure how you do this?

Chippymint":nefz7xq4 said:
Hi I live in Devon but it's a large area so need to know detail etc. I'm no expert but I'm an engineer and have restored most of my machines. If I can help, you need to get in contact with me - not sure how you do this?
Clicking on the avatar (or no image circle) gives a popup to access PM & email.

Hi guys,
Thanks for the replies and help.

Chippymint, I am waiting for contact back from Nick Laguna UK who knows someone that may be interested.
If its unfruitful, I will most certainly come back to you!

Thanks again,
lostgoat

Back