Mac and HP printer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob

New Luddism. Wake up and resist.
Reaction score
HP P2055d. Will it work with Mac 10.15.7? If not why not?

Jacob u prob should reload the drive program again....making sure u have the latest up date...
our's was Blue tooth as well but worked better hard wired to the comp.....

binned our's for what little we used it for plus the cost of the ink that was always dried up....
Happy to pay 10p per sheet at the printers...

What do you need a printer for? Never seen the bother myself, last I checked paper and pen will still do it just fine - once you get the muscle memory going with a bit of practice you'll be fine

Sometimes a machine is the best thing for the job, which is why I've got a combi, mortice, pillar drill etc.

What do you need a printer for? Never seen the bother myself, last I checked paper and pen will still do it just fine - once you get the muscle memory going with a bit of practice you'll be fine

Printers do more than just text.
For example, I have just printed and laminated a map to take with me when walking in the moors later this week also drawing photos would be a challenge.

Last edited:
What was wrong with using a goose feather quill and ink made from oak galls?It was the traditional way before these modern gadgets started spreading. ;-)

What was wrong with using a goose feather quill and ink made from oak galls?It was the traditional way before these modern gadgets started spreading. ;-)
So you don't use a biro or a pencil at all?
Actually on the gadget issue I reckon the "mechanical" pencil is a "gadget" and inferior in use to the old wooden ones. Taken me some years to work that out. They look so clever and useful!
OTOH a mechanical pencil sharpener is very handy.
Useless gadgets are everywhere but not always that easy to identify! It's a major industry as you can see at a glance in tool catalogues.

I often find I have a problem with my mac, more when I try to scan than print, but my phone always seems to work. If you have a iPhone or similar can you pull your document up on that and try printing it that way. Always seems to work for me.

I have an HP A3 printer which works with phones, Macs and my Dell PC. However since upgrading to Windows 11 it won’t print in colour from the PC, but still fine from everything else. Just can’t figure out why. It’s nothing obvious either.

I use a dough sheeter (if just for only one or two, a regular rolling pin) to roll clay flat and write on it with a triangular tipped stick. Good enough for the ancients....good enough for me.

Pete

Latest posts

Back