Lovely new ruler (not)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
http://www.uktoolcentre.co.uk/Shop/p~36 ... angle.html

I purchased this ruler without even looking at the description, I just saw the picture and thought it looked useful with the 3 sides. Now that it has arrived I realise it is super useless, at least to me. Not only does the zero reference not start at the very end of the ruler, but the sides are all in different scales (1:20, 1:25, 1:50, 1:75, 1:100, and 1:125)!

Going to hide this before it causes me mistakes!

..clearly this is user error :)

do some drawing, it will become the most useful thing you've got in your arsenal at that point. :) I've still got my rabone one somewhere, it was a gift and cost considerable more than that, when I had to do hand drawings (granted not very often) or stuff on site with drawing mark ups and as builts it was a god send.

I've just bought one myself but for scaling lol. Bit annoyed because the helix one seems to be cheap brittle plastic.I knocked it off the desk within 2 days of owning it and have taken a chunk out of the side of it. Not amused at costing nearly a fiver. :roll:

Stormer1940":1tbrb5wc said:
I've just bought one myself but for scaling lol. Bit annoyed because the helix one seems to be cheap brittle plastic.I knocked it off the desk within 2 days of owning it and have taken a chunk out of the side of it.

But...

Rules are made to be broken...

:lol:

I got this rule in homebase ...
I thought it was reasonable enough ..it might have been under a tenner ..
40" they do have a shorter one too .

Attachments

• SAM_1569.JPG
    SAM_1569.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 159
The stuff in Homebase is made by Empire. I have two of their rafters squares which seem decent. I also got their post square which is miles out. I know it's only for fencing, but it should still at least be visibly square! One of my favourite steel rules is from B&Q, it's fantastic quality.

I got an aluminium rule from Wickes and found the markings rub off so I've wrapped it in sellotape and almost never used it since.

Latest posts

Back