Love a challenge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thingybob

If it aint broke dont fix it
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Before i retired i used to make full size projects for people now i work in miniature no bad backs and a challenge making small joints and machining my own timber to scale
20210311_000825.jpg

Attachments

• 20210311_000711.jpg
    20210311_000711.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 53
This is freaky!
Just the other week in was thinking of building a small scale but fully functioning Roubo workbench with a little leg vise!

But this is great work.

Thanks bp122 , Go for it its so rewarding and opens up a whole new pastime i have built a drum sander that can produce timber less than 1mm thick making material that is not readily available. And when a project is finished i have no problem finding somewhere to srore it , Also im doing my bit for the planet only using recycled timber

oh god no. my miniature work requires metal.
is was a joke in relation to Nicks question on dolls house markets, i.e. it's a market, for a dolls house. :)

obviously not funny, sorry.

Have you looked into the possibility that there could be a market for minature workshops, thinking opposite to the dolls houses that women like and maybe the men would like similar, a couple could do their own thing together!

Have you looked into the possibility that there could be a market for minature workshops, thinking opposite to the dolls houses that women like and maybe the men would like similar, a couple could do their own thing together!
Yes good idea i made a workbench some years ago and loads of old handtools brace and bit ,chisels,saws ,etc had fun thinking up what would go in got loads of old books with drawings in of old tools but my granddaughter snaffeled it

I dont have any interest in miniatures, but i can certainly see and admire the effort and skill involved in creating them
(y) :cool:
What are you going to do next?

I dont have any interest in miniatures, but i can certainly see and admire the effort and skill involved in creating them
(y) :cool:
What are you going to do next?
In the throws of building a 1/12 scale greenhouse as well as refurbing my Dewalt Radial saw will post pics of green house todate

Is there a dolls house market for beautiful items such as these?
The answer is yes ! When I was in full time engineering one of the chaps made such items as a hobby selling a few along the way, he eventually left to do it full time, traveled to many shows etc in Britain selling and taking commissions. He did extremely well and his work was top class.

If you are interested in “sub miniature “ look up Willard Wigan, a most amazing unassuming man, I was privileged to meet the gentleman once !

This is freaky!
Just the other week in was thinking of building a small scale but fully functioning Roubo workbench with a little leg vise!

But this is great work.
I don't usually post on here but I just wanted to show you the workbench my dad made for me (my other hobby besides woodworking is 1/10 scale RC 4x4s) so there's another market.
Obviously the leg vice works as well.
IMG_20200731_153648.jpg

Back