Looking for Colron wood dye

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tikiwagon

Reaction score
Hi I have been using some older Colron wood dye (Mellow Pine and Antique pine) I cant seem to find mellow pine any more and when i bought a new tin of Antique pine it is completley different to the old one and seems to be water based not petrolium based, Also tried some Rustins recently and that is useless too, Just wondering if anyone has some or where i can get it, Tried looking online but no luck so far. Thanks

P1380528.JPG

Thanks if you have any of these, would prefer the mellow pine if possible 1-2 tins would be great but whatever you have would be fantastic

I this not just the move away from using volatile solvents, to using water based products? Much as they are doing with paints. This way harmful chemicals enter the water courses, instead of the atmosphere :unsure:

I have a few of the old tins of solvent based stains. They are running out but I save them for specific small jobs now. The new stuff is nowhere near as good, and the old is unobtainable now, at least that's what my local hardware store owner tells me.

I had a similar quandary a while back and ended up going for Liberon "Spirit Wood Dye". Very happy with it and have bought more since then. This is the dark oak but hopefully they'll do something in the colour you're aiming for too.

Thanks, but i really could do with at least 1(or half!) tin of mellow pine as i have started this job and is perfect for what i want

I contacted Colron and they replied saying that they stopped that style of Dye 9 years ago, the hunt goes on, anyone....?

Back