looking for cheaper alternative to the heavy duty irwin quick clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The XP600 version of that Irwin looks heavier built albeit the same 600lbs rating, and is the highest pressure quick clamp I've ever used.
Bessey and Piher are the two brands of clamps that I like the best.
Pony may be worth a look, but I think their lightweight clamps feel flimsy.

The XP600 version of that Irwin looks heavier built albeit the same 600lbs rating, and is the highest pressure quick clamp I've ever used.
Bessey and Piher are the two brands of clamps that I like the best.
Pony may be worth a look, but I think their lightweight clamps feel flimsy.
thanks for the suggestions, I've not heard of piher. I was lucky enough to get my heavy irwins for £12.50 a piece from wickes a couple of years ago, which was obviously an exceptional price, I was hoping to find a hidden gem of a clamp for the same sort of money, but that could at least compare in performance

I think you got a very good deal on your Irwins.
They say you can never have enough clamps, so it's worth always keeping an eye open for them. If you have a friend or two, then sharing a bulk pack of 10 or so when people like Bessey have their promotions can be a way to save.
Piher are Spanish. I bought four Maxipress R clamps from a member here and was impressed with the design and quality. Those aren't a single handed clamp but they do make them and they can be found on ebay (for more ££ than the Irwins).

The Irwin clamps used to be buy one and get the second one at half price at the shows, but once you use the Bessey clamps there is no comparison when it comes to the clamping force they can apply. If you don't have any Bessey one handed clamps then they are worth buying, makes some jobs so much easier.

Latest posts

Back