irwin heavy quick grip clamps, sliding plastic bit?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheUnicorn

Established Member
Reaction score
just bought a pair of heavy duty quick grips (very good price from wickes if anyone is looking to buy some), they have a little blue bit of plastic which slides freely on the bar (shown clearly under the pads in this picture Irwin Quick-Grip Heavy-Duty Bar Clamp 300mm / 12" ). I've never had this bit on any other similar clamps, does anyone know what is does??

new to me, have at least 25 (Stanley I think) grips of that type......
perhaps it's a way of charging more "COS it IMPROVED" what ever that means....

Is it a little foot so they stay put on the bench if you are glueing up a panel? (With the handle dangling off the bench.)

Is it a little foot so they stay put on the bench if you are glueing up a panel? (With the handle dangling off the bench.)

Yes, thank you,it seems to be exactly that, and it also says that in the toolstation blurb, embarrisingly I hadn't realised that the blue thing was an 'adjustable foot'. It isn't shown in the wickes picture (where I bought them), must be new stock. Haven't really tried them out yet but that seems like a useful addition, can't get over how large there are compared to the medium duty clamps

Latest posts

Back