• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for a track saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like my Scheppach PL45, bought secondhand with 2x700mm rails. Good for occasional use; just cut a load of worktops with it today with ease. Don't suppose anyone has a pdf/ link to user manual?

I like my Scheppach PL45, bought secondhand with 2x700mm rails. Good for occasional use; just cut a load of worktops with it today with ease. Don't suppose anyone has a pdf/ link to user manual?
Sounds like mine. From memory, the "manual" was nigh useless and I may have filed it in the big wickerwork filing cabinet, but I'll have a shufti for you. What IS worth doing is a (I think) a Cosmas Bauer tip, where you take out the spring and sever a couple of coils. I did mine in one coil 'bites' until I had a resistance to plunging that I could live with. The rails on this model are forever shedding their rubber anti-slip/cut-demarking strips. I've tried double sided tape, contact cement, all sorts. Finally gave up on rubber and used d/s tape on 3mm ply. Better, but not prefect; I'm on my third set I think.

I bought A tool zone one, scheppach rebrand, and extra tracks from eBay, stuck a good blade in it and it still cost me less than £200, it’s was Bought for the odd diy job when away from my workshop, now it’s one of my most used tools…

don’t be afraid of a lower priced saw with a good blade and extra track, mines cut 3ks worth of walnut perfectly.

I bought a Parkside (Lidl) tracksaw, fitted a decent blade and used it for years. Recently I got a Festool TS55 and I can honestly saw that there is no difference in their ability to cut sheets accurately and cleanly.
The splinter guard strip on the Parkside rails is rubbish and should be replaced with the Makita type strips. Add the longer Excel or Evolution track and you will have an excellent setup for half your budget.

Hi Keentolearn I have the manual for the PL55 which has a slightly larger blade. What info do you need from the manual?
My saw has exactly the same problems as SammyQ mentioned. It is a good value for money saw which has served me well.

I Love my Festool TS55 which I picked up for about £140 used on facebook. Built really well so was happy to go for the used approach (i buy 90% of my tools used and just choose well built brands). If you have a look around you can generally find them for the £100-200 mark.

The Excel tracks from tools4trade are much cheaper than the festool ones and are compatible. Peter Millard does a whole video on tracks and compatiability which is worth a watch.

Back