Looking for a 3 point shed door lock

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcluma

Established Member
Reaction score
For my bike / tool shed i'm looking for a 3 point deadbolt locking mechanism, i can easily find them in the US, but struggle to find them in the UK

I like the door to lock on the bottom, and top

If anybody could point me in the right direction. In the states they are about Usd 70,- so not to expensive

http://www.atlanticshed.com/2pointHD.htm

How about routing in a euro profile lock and keep set? Same as fitted to uPVC and composite doors? You can pick one up for about £70 with keeps and handles.

Easy enough to fit, all you need are a 16mm straight cutter and 12mm deep cutter.

bugbear":291yx7q6 said:
Unless the shed itself is similarly robust, there's no point fitting an excellent lock.

BugBear

:lol: :lol: I take it you haven't seen my build thread

bike-tool-shed-t89083.html

What i'm looking for is a lock that locks the door on the bottom and top of the shed frame. but also pulls it closed

if i be using the euro profile i will only be locking to the other leave of the double doors.

If you want a french door lock, then this lock has a slave that acts as the shootbolts and the strike plate for the master bolts

http://www.coastal-group.com/Products/S ... Components

Cost is about £100+vat.

Similar available from quest hardware.

Alternatively, fit a standard multipoint lock and fit face mounted shoot bolts on the slave.

Quest sell a lock with linear shootbolts, much better than hook bolts or mushrooms on a timber door.

These may seem quite expensive, but compare to 3 separate mortice locks.

Disadvantage: you need to be aware of concerns some people have with euro cylinders. Ptobably best to use a anti bump anti snap cylinder

http://www.avocet-hardware.co.uk/abs-secure.asp

I will fit surface shoot bolts on the slave door, or maybe even a finger flick switch as i have a few spare, but its about the lead door, i want something that when closed pull tight. I was thinking of the shoot bolts of the 3 point locking mechanism, when modified to a point it could pull the door really tight

Mcluma":3lmd4kqh said:
bugbear":3lmd4kqh said:
Unless the shed itself is similarly robust, there's no point fitting an excellent lock.

BugBear

:lol: :lol: I take it you haven't seen my build thread

bike-tool-shed-t89083.html

What i'm looking for is a lock that locks the door on the bottom and top of the shed frame. but also pulls it closed

if i be using the euro profile i will only be locking to the other leave of the double doors.

Use a French door lock set and fit a flying mullion to the slave door :mrgreen:

ok as you gave glass panels on ur door don't think a fire escape type or the first one you linked too r suitable because the could break the glass and tamper with the lock.

internal dead bolts on the 2nd door and a standard 3 point patio lock and you will be fine.

regards Richard

It took me an hour, but then i found what they are actually called

ESPAGNOLETTE

You can buy them from Germany for as little as Gbp18,- plus an additional 10 shipping

Thanks for the help and information

Chris

Seen quite a few wooden doors in Spain with the espag type of lock on them, but as said there not hugely secure. I quite like the way they look, depends on you priorities.

Tada,

Found it, it’s an emergency exit kit

At first I thought it was going to be an issue with the lock on the top, but I found that when replacing the top locks with a Pullman kit it could work.

I found on ebay a kit from Allgood, which was already complete with the Pullman clossers – which is a result, as these Pullman closers are not cheap.

The benefit of these emergency exit closers
1. They go very cheap on ebay.
2. The are complete surface mount
3. And they all are with the option of fitting a handle and a lock on the outside – I didn’t know that at first.
4. The quality is first class, heavy, durable, solid

Well this is the kit

Untitled by Chris

Fitting it was at first not so easy, having read the instructions 3 times, it still wasn’t clear. However now it’s fitted and looking back, its dead easy. If I would do it again, it wouldn’t take half as long as it did now. But I’m not complaining, it was nice weather and I fully enjoyed fitting this lock.

First up was the central lock, however I had to be very careful as not to close the door before I had made the outside door handle, as when this door is closed, its closed, no way opening this puppy with a credit card.

Untitled by Chris, on Flickr

I fitted an outside door handle as well, I bought the door handle from Toolstation, and this one must have been a returned item as from both handles the crub screw was missing, so frustrating.

After all the measuring, and drilling, I’m well pleased with how this

Really pleased how this one locks, on 3 points, rock solid, all what I had expected and then a little bit more.

One more thing to do, and that is buying a euro-lock

I trust you are aware of euro lock issues and how easy they are to break.

I got one on an old door and as a matter of interest (I am not contemplating a career in burglary!) "had a go" was amazed how quickly I " broke in".

bugbear":21mmcyjl said:

BugBear

I bought a pricey lock online for the door to the shed in my new (rented) home. As I was fitting it, the door frame fell off.

Chris.

Wow, this is EXACTLY what I have been looking for, I have a similar set up but I can not find these locks on ebay or the seller "AllGood". Could you provide some more info, do they have a brand name etc?, how much were they?

Was the external handle supplied. Sorry for all the questions but I have looked everywhere, and as you said most are too expensive. I couldn't see all the details as the last 4 photos are not longer showed.

Would really appreciate any help.

Mark

Latest posts

Back