Looking Blank.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonbikebod

Established Member
Reaction score
I was over at the Axminster branch in Sittingbourne yesterday. They had moved everything around again and on the journey home I remembered I had intended to look for some turning blanks for a project. I hadn’t seen any in the shop to remind me.
This evening I had a look on their site and all they have Bankasia nuts and synthetic alternative ivory etc.
Does anyone know if this is a temporary thing or have Axminster stopped selling blanks?
Jon.

Think they've stopped selling timber - two years ago,there was three pages of timber on the website,but the choice seems to have gradually dwindled to nothing.

Andrew

I might be down there on Friday Jon (depending on work) I'll let you know if I see any.

Thanks for the replies. As there always seemed to be a number of people looking over the wood in the past, I got the impression they sold a fair bit of wood but perhaps not.
I have sent them an email enquiry; see what the response is.
Jon.

Talk about moving everything around, have you seen Yandles, it is all back to front but do have a good selection of wood in the same place.

Good afternoon everyone,

Just thought I'd jump in here and let you know the situation with turning blanks. Unfortunately we have had to remove them from our range as we cannot find a reliable supplier. Delivery times were not acceptable and we felt this would let our customers down.

We even struggled to get stock for our own Wood Turning courses!

Back