Longest workshop build evver

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JungleJim

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I can't believe that it was nearly 4 years ago that I started my workshop build at the end of my garden. It seemed that very soon after I started that my work changed for me and I found it hard to find time to keep it moving forward. Then we had a baby in 2013 and i REALLY found out what it meant to have no time! But with spring fast approaching I'm making a real push to get it finished so I can start filling it with toys, err I mean complete a lot of worthwhile woodworking projects :D

I've attached a few pics of what its looking like at the moment. A huge milestone was getting the units in so I have somewhere to put all the stuff that I was trying to work around whilst doing things like putting up plasterboard.

Cheers

James

Attachments

• ws1.jpg
    ws1.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 1,666
  • ws2.jpg
    ws2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,666
  • ws3.jpg
    ws3.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 1,666
Well done James, looking good =D>

Is that a fridge I see behind the door for the ready supply of cold beer when you are beavering away? :lol:

What's the internal size?

Regards Keith

I wish Keith, Its a freezer. Its one of the concessions I had to make to be able to lay claim to the end of the garden.

Its 6.5m x 4m I also kept it under 2.5 metres in height and a metre away from the boundary on all sides to avoid planning building regs

James

Iced lollies are OK :lol:

That's a decent size for a workshop, should be able to get lots of toys in that (hammer)

Regards Keith

Very nice job! the path and garden looks posh and well cared for and workshop, nice and big inside with plenty of machine room.
4 Years, It's best not to rush these things, sometimes, spoils the fun! Even got a chiller for the beer, I see.
Regards Rodders

May have been slow but it looks very impressive , might I suggest a coat of something on the outside, I take it that is wood weatherboard/shiplap/tongue and groove.?

Back