Long tracksaw rail bag

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bear

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anywhere I can buy a bag for a 2.7m rail? Brand unimportant.

Thanks

Mark

I looked into this a few years back.....I never managed to find anyone that was making them for the longer rails.

I toyed with the idea of buying 2 of the 1400 rail bags, un-stitch them and then having the 2 of them stitched together to make a longer bag, but my mates wife (who is a real dab hand on a sewing machine) took a look at my other 1400 rail bag and seemed to think it wasnt feasible , due to the way the bags were made originally....😭

Admittedly, as I said, it was a few years back and I haven't looked into it recently.

I have a 1900 rail, a 2420 rail and a 3000 rail, amongst others but I wanted the longer bag for the 1900 & 2420 rails.
The 3000 rail came in it's own wooden box and on the rare occasions I need to take it on site, I just transport it
in it's original box.

Does the 2700 rail not come in a wooden box...? Or is it now just cardboard?

Edit. It's real easy to make a wooden one from hardboard and a couple of bits of MDF, as that's all the original 3000 Festool rail box is made from...👍

Last edited:
Hi guys
The rail was second hand from a member here a few years ago so didn't come in a box. I did actually ask the seller for the box but it was after they had been changed to cardboard so he had thrown it as it lived in a workshop. I have toyed with knocking together a box and I guess thats the fall back.
Prefer a bag or box to keep the stick strips clean, its for that rather than support.

Mark

Here's the Festool box that my 3000mm rail came in....I've had it since 2012 and it's still fine....
16763796075871017621677913175161.jpg

Is this just for storage, or are you taking it somewhere ?.
Storage theres clamp things you can fit to the wall that support it at different points along its length.

Start with a 3m length of square section gutter, 3m downpipe? Both as cheap as a cheap thing.

Sorry Richard, what do I then do with said gutter? Can't picture how this works.

Mark

I would do as @dissuggested and make one.... it wont take long and will be 100% better than a bag when transporting it 👍

Back