London congestion zone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Having been away so long, I just spotted something about the London congestion zone being extended westward today. Can anyone give me any details, also any other changes going on in the old country since the beginning of October?????????????????

devonwoody":1vg3z3rr said:
Can anyone give me any details, also any other changes going on in the old country since the beginning of October?????????????????

Nothing much has happened - we're still waiting for the bus....... :roll:

Cheers :wink:

Paul

I can't help feeling that it won't be long before the London Congestion Zone is extended again - to Manchester.

Scrit

I have a pal who lives right on the edge of the new zone. He's not bothered by it (resident's rights etc) but his neighbour is furious because she doesn't drive and they've whacked up all the bus fares as well.

We drove up to London the other weekend in our gas guzzling Disco because First Great Western failed to get our prebooked train tickets to us twice and were unable to guarantee that they would be at the station either (indeed ringing the station proved that they had no mention of the tickets). If we had gone by train we would have had to pay £282 in fares - two standard returns, plus £35 car parking irrespective of taxis etc in London.

Not right at all. You can't get people off the roads if there's no working alternative.

Cheers

Tim

PS DW stage three extends up to Plymouth. :wink:

It's really amazing isn't it - they want people to use public transport, yet they make it so expensive only an silly person would pay for it.

Allowing for 20 quid in Taxis (And that maybe low) I reckon you would have had to pay 337 quid. :roll:

I watched a dumbo Sky presenter today trying to claim he traveled from London to Manchester for 20 quid. Yes, but for business people who often need to travel at short notice the fare is 280 quid.

And in my case, when I'm in England I need to visit lots of places up & down the country in as short a time as possible. I once estimated it would take me fiftenn times longer to go to these places using trains as it does by car. Or, to put it another way, what I do in 5 working days would take me over ten weeks since weekends would obviously get in the way.

Roger Sinden":24hcx30o said:
Here you are, DW.

What's happened since October? Well we had some snow ....

Are you back in the UK now?

Thanks for comments.

Janet & I are leaving Sydney in 16 days time and drive back down south to Melbourne and should be back home in the UK the latter half of March.

I would like to mention that the australian forum members (ubeaut.com) have really done us proud. Over six members of the forum have welcomed us into their homes, and many more have also made our stay in Australia over the six months one of the most pleasant experiences of our life time.

I could have sworn I posted a comment on this thread. Has it possibly been censored :shock: by one of the mod's (after all I did mention Ken Livingstone, cuba and east german Brabant cars all in one sentence :lol: ); or was there a technical hitch? Normally if a post gets censored you do get informed of a reason why? As far as i know it went in Ok "your message was successfully entered" or whatever the wording is. If it was a technical hitch could a mod please let me know and I'll post the same message again.
cheers Mr S :wink:

No Mr S I don't think you were censored. I think there may have been some gremlins recently as I thought that I'd posted quite a few posts on the forum but they've gone AWOL.

BTW Dead Ringers last night got Ken Livingstone to a T :D

Back