log advise please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, you really are motoring aren't you. Much of that stuff reminds me of the work on here. I really like the oriental touch in yours and his work tho' some of his stuff is a bit weird, :) not to mention the names he gives them.

Keep it up Mrs S and keep posting please

Pete

Lookin' good Mrs S. Some nice forms there.

Not a criticism, just curious. Are those pedestal forms hollow or boxes? I have been fancying having a go at something like that myself. Just need to find the time. :(

Again well done, I like some of the shapes.

Yes the fruit bowl has a 'ready made' inlay on, the little forms are hollowed out and a lid made from the finial, Thank you for that link Pete!! That site! OMG!! :shock: he's just kicked poor old Drozda into second place!! ... and odd names for them ... my little pots are called 'chi keepers' :lol:

And now for the bad news!!I didn't get far with the log!! I did have a go but in the end I think, if only for safety's sake, I will put it on hold as I don't have any appropriate equipment to handle it right now.

I did think of slicing my 'other' logs that I cut
into vertical slices so they would be more managable and not end grain but I thought .... Nah!! because I like end grain turned things better for the marking and I really want to make them into something special and the idea of the rings going from centre fills my tiny little brain with joy! (don't take much do it??) SO I will just keep practicing on smaller pieces I come accross for now ... whoever is making those chicken noises .. please stop it!! :x

BUt we bought a little log burner fron Aldi today!! could come in handy :oops:

Latest posts

Back