Loctite 55 pipe sealing tape.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Dave Moore
Hi there. What do you recommend for airline fittings? I have a few chineseum airline fittings in my shed that are not very...airtight....I am afraid to put too many wraps of tape on some of them in case they split the fittings...🤣
Cheers.
Hi,
I would recommend the Loctite 55 for any threads. You can also get the ptfe pastes in Wickes which are useful but you need to be careful not to tighten the joints too much or you squeeze all the paste out And don’t put too much paste on.Loctite do other setting pastes but they are very expensive. The 55 is simply a string type ptfe tapes with a setting compound And is a lot cheaper. We have used on most sizes of pipes including 2” with good results. Ensure whatever you use that you don’t block the holes in the pipe or get any pastes in or you risk damaging delicate compressed air valves or parts. I try not to use ptfe tape anymore as it’s failure rate isn’t desirable when you are on a long run with no way of splitting for repairs.

Back