LN chisel roll

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhwbigley

Established Member
Reaction score
Any one know where i can get a LN chisel roll? i've already got one, but its full. They seem a lot better quality compared to the other leather ones i've seen.

Thanks

JHB

Dont know about LN ones, but workshop heaven have some chisel rolls that look very good quality.

I wouldn't bother as I find they make the chisels rust very quickly. I stopped using mine some years ago when I realised this fact.

Ed

woodbloke":1xp3v2xe said:
Agree with Ed, leather tool rolls should be used for transporting chisels, not storing - Rob

I've not had any rust as of yet.

I just find it usefull having them in a roll, you just pick it out of your box, unroll it, and there they are ready to go.

JHB

You'll only get rust if the roll gets in contact with a moist environment. The leather will take on moisture, kind of like wood. As long as you keep it in a dry environment then they'll be fine. If you're workshop is susceptible to rust, then it might be an idea to bring the chisel roll into the house at night.

LIe Nielsen's website, or one of the US suppliers (prices will be the same) is probably the place to go for a new one.

UK prices tend to be quite a bit higher, but standardised too. Not much point going local unless the cost of shipping or duty is likely to be too high...

ian

We encountered this issue a year or so ago thanks to a post from Alf about her dovetail chisels. We have subsaquently had discussions with our suppliers and are assured that they have reached a new agreement with the tannery about the curing process for tool roll leather.

Having said that we do still regard tool rolls as a means of protecting tools from impact during transit and would still recommend that they be stored on a rack or a magnetic tool bar in the workshop and transferred to a roll if they need to be moved.

Back