Little & Large Vices

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vono

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello

I picked up a little Parkinson No 0A Vice today. It's pictured next to my Parky No8 & a 3in1 can for scale.

Incredible quality for what I assume is a hobby vice, really illustrates how good Parkinson were.

Attachments

• Small Parky 001.JPG
    Small Parky 001.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Small Parky 011.JPG
    Small Parky 011.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Small Parky 005.JPG
    Small Parky 005.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 31
Hobby? Maybe more likely for tool rooms, jewellers, other precision workers, etc.well before there was much of a hobby market

Hobby? Maybe more likely for tool rooms, jewellers, other precision workers, etc.well before there was much of a hobby market

Yes that's a fair point, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for that.

It really is a quality little thing.

It is a miniature of the big one in every sense. Is the registered design number different I wonder, or was it the exact same design with different dimensions?

It is a miniature of the big one in every sense. Is the registered design number different I wonder, or was it the exact same design with different dimensions?

same registered design for all sizes - interestingly they also cast the same reg des no into later and earlier vices of this 'Handy' series of theirs even though the shape of different parts including the main body changed quite visibly - and was meanwhile copied by at least half a dozen other English vice makers

also of note that they rarely cast in the Parkinsons name to this Handy range (used a sticker), sometimes cast in the Reg des and a number, and sometimes only a number -- whereas for their vices with the 'Perfect' quick release - patented, but soon copied by Record etc, they almost without exception had the Parkinsons name cast in, plus other details

The earlier one I have has Handy Model No G3 cast in but no reg number.

Did they ever cast the Parkinson name in to the Handy's? I've never seen one of those, if you have a pic or anything Danny that would be cool to see. It always seemed an odd choice not to cast their name in, I mean the quality is still great just no quick release mechanism.

Attachments

• New vice 003.JPG
    New vice 003.JPG
    214.5 KB · Views: 6
  • New vice 012.JPG
    New vice 012.JPG
    227 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back