Link to Popular Mechanics from 1900

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great link Graduate Owner, at long last I have found the plans I've been looking for for quite a while. Very many thanks.

Oh brilliant, that's all I need. Say 112 years at 12 editions a year. Conservatively it will take 30 minutes to skim thru each edition. By my arithmetic that is 28 days worth of reading, assuming I don't eat, sleep or perform any of the other functions necessary for living. There are doors needing built for the house, a loft conversion to be started before the planning consent lapses, a boat to be built before I am too old to sail it, not to mention all the othe tasks that the boss has in mind. Happy new year !!! :lol:

Robert

Hi everyone,
I'm glad you guys have found the site useful, although I agree it is an incredible time-waster as well. There are some real gems there though, I found a description of a new 'invention' - pedal operated curtains that pull down over car headlights for use in towns and cities so as not to dazzle other road users. The magazines are full of all sorts of useful (plus all sorts of totally irrelevant and useless) information, but they are great to browse through.

On a similar note, you can buy a DVD with 200 issues, 1975-2008, of fine woodworking (plus a search facility) on ebay for about £4. I have this and again it is great for browsing but obviously more relevant for woodworkers. You can also get from 1975 - 2011 for about £6 which is probably a better buy but wasn't available when I bought mine. For really serious time-wasting, that's the way to go.

K

graduate_owner":25ijmhrg said:
On a similar note, you can buy a DVD with 200 issues, 1975-2008, of fine woodworking (plus a search facility) on ebay for about £4. I have this and again it is great for browsing but obviously more relevant for woodworkers. You can also get from 1975 - 2011 for about £6

But pirated copies, I think you`ll find.

Ian

Solicitus":4gpv3uog said:
Oh brilliant, that's all I need. Say 112 years at 12 editions a year. Conservatively it will take 30 minutes to skim thru each edition. By my arithmetic that is 28 days worth of reading, assuming I don't eat, sleep or perform any of the other functions necessary for living. There are doors needing built for the house, a loft conversion to be started before the planning consent lapses, a boat to be built before I am too old to sail it, not to mention all the othe tasks that the boss has in mind. Happy new year !!! :lol:

Robert

There,there, Robert.
Go have a lie down in a darkened room and have another mince pie, the nurse will be with you soon.
F.

Back