• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

lignum bowling balls

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
Reaction score
DSCF0310.JPG

I have three pairs, £20 per pair which I will donate to the local hospice. I will stand the P&P, but I need to sell them in pairs as I can keep two below 2kg, but can't easily keep one below Ikg. P&P is prohibitive, otherwise. I was given them and promised the lady I would get some money for them and donate it - her husband died after amputations and diabetic complications, so it is too close to me for comfort.
Very tiny hairline cracks as would be expected, but otherwise in vgc.

Attachments

• DSCF0310.JPG
    DSCF0310.JPG
    62.7 KB
I'll have a pair Phil. let me know the payment details

And a pair for me, please. Been looking for a bit but glad to find them where (a) I can be sure it is LV and (b) the sum goes to a good cause. PM me your email for PayPal?

best, Keith

I've been through the bucket, and they are the best six, so I'll stop for a moment. The others seem to be part turned, so I'll check them all over and post pics before I go any further.

I did wonder how long these would take to go (I picked them up only 20 mins before I posted) - I've kept my eye open for one for years. I've just rung the lady and told her I'd sold £60's worth and would give the money to St. Julia's Hospice in Hayle - I think she was nearly in tears.

I'd be very happy to put £20 to a good cause if there are any more reasonable pairs available.

DSCF0311.JPG

You have first dibs on this pair for £20 - one is part turned (who knows why?) but it is plenty large enough for a mallet, and the hole is small so can be re bored to what size you wish. The other piece is 200mm x 75mm which would probably make two nice round smaller mallet heads. That'll be the last of them - I mis counted and thought I had a couple more.

Attachments

• DSCF0311.JPG
    DSCF0311.JPG
    66.7 KB
Donation Receipt
Receipt No
GB102010102
Amount
£116.83 GBP
Name
phil pascoe
Date
28 Jul 2020
+
Gift Aid claim on this donation
£29.21 GBP
Receipt sent to phil.pascoe@ .... com
This transaction will show as Everyday Hero Ltd on your bank statement.

Phil Pascoe":16f2yy2s said:
Thanks everyone. I got caught for a fee of £6.83 on a charity donation. Unbelievable.
There's always someone making their cut isn't there :|

Ludicrous that there's a fee on charitable payments.

cool, will let you know when it gets here. Wonder who'll get 'em first?

Some while ago I bought at the market two 2MT Dormer drill bits, 15/16" and 1 1/16" both unused, for a tenner. I thought they might be useful one day - I think the one day might have come, I wouldn't particularly like to have to drill these with an auger.

LOL at the moment all I have access to is a 9" long pump drill and a 6" Archemides drill max size of bit for both 3mm.

Droogs":19b9cfv7 said:
LOL at the moment all I have access to is a 9" long pump drill and a 6" Archemides drill max size of bit for both 3mm.
:lol: :lol: It's going to be a long job, from personal experience they can be dammed hard.

PS
No promises but if anyone else is desperate I might be able to get my hands on a couple of spare bowls, they might not be available now and he's away until next week so won't know for a few days.

Back