Lidl Parkside Sliding Mitre Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodgers

Established Member
Reaction score
I see Lidl have a sliding Mitre saw upcoming for £80.

Looks to be only 210mm.

I've never had the urge to splash out on one of these as my crosscut sled does the job, but for £80 I thought it might be worth a try even if it does turn out to be awful.

Looks to be slightly newer design than I've seen before...

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-249 ... l&id=33305

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

otter":q4vzn6b1 said:
Does the bird come with it? If so, I'm in.
Let's try to keep it on topic :)

It looks to be identical to the Scheppach MSS88, so maybe it trench cuts as well ...

phil.p":2o7ijdh4 said:
https://www.aldi.co.uk/double-bevel-sliding-mitre-saw/p/070150026620000

Aldi have one coming up as well - I don't know there's much difference.

The Aldi one bevel cuts both ways.

IMHO (cough !) The Aldi one looks the better of the two

I kinda neeeeeeded to replace my old non sliding mitre saw so I've ordered one for free delivery next week

DaveyP":x2xbf1kd said:
IMHO (cough !) The Aldi one looks the better of the two

I kinda neeeeeeded to replace my old non sliding mitre saw so I've ordered one for free delivery next week

I was actually thinking the opposite. The cheesy Yellow plastic bits etc. just look worse to me than the Lidl's Parkside saw. I could be wrong though, they are probably both very similar.

Can you post some feedback/review when you have a play with it please?

Re the Aldi one.

Works fine, accurate and square out of the box (but is fully adjustable if required) and has a trenching stop.

The plastic guard is a bit 'plasticky' and I don't think it would survive back of van treatment for long, but sitting on a bench is good enough.

tomasgursky":2xg7xi03 said:
MMUK":2xg7xi03 said:
Only £20 cheaper than the Evolution Rage 210mm SCMS. Is it worth saving £20?

I've got Evolution rage 3s but it's not accurate at all and it has a play on pivot pin.

Take it back then, mine is perfect. as good as my Makita, just half the weight and easier to transport to and from site :)

MMUK":1qvgqz9i said:
tomasgursky":1qvgqz9i said:
MMUK":1qvgqz9i said:
Only £20 cheaper than the Evolution Rage 210mm SCMS. Is it worth saving £20?

I've got Evolution rage 3s but it's not accurate at all and it has a play on pivot pin.

Take it back then, mine is perfect. as good as my Makita, just half the weight and easier to transport to and from site :)

I'm not sure I'll be able to take it back. I've had it for over 6months now...I replaced their blade with one that I got from Lidl (with conversion ring as Evolution use stupid 25.4 diameter).
New blades cut better than the "universal" one but still can produce uneven cut as there is a play/flexibility in the pivot pin.

If I need more accurate cut I'll use my table saw and crosscut jig. But I can't fit 2.4m long timber there, lol.

Back