Lidl chisels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are getting pricey aren't they?
two quid each!

The saws are back too
these are great for flush cut & bodge jobs were you don't want to use a good saw.

The quality deteriorates. Previously they were with ash handle. :D
Jocking aside, they are good for money.

Additionally I'd thoroughly recommend the multi bit set they sell for impact/drill/drivers. Possibly the best value for money around and good quality.

I've used the tap and die set quite a lot recently had a lot of plastic bolts to make. they are pretty good and put a fairly clean thread on the plastic and wood. the screw in handle does come loose pretty quickly a lot but hey ho.

I've got two sets of these, the first set has been modified with a Mapp gas torch to these

3s9DZiK.jpg

7BbUmGx.jpg

This was done after I discovered the versatility of a Henry Taylor cranked chisel, especially for housing bottoms and where a paring chisel will not go or is not long enough (inside boxes etc)

I changed the handles to Laburnum

The second set I use as the blunt chisel technique as championed by Bill Carter

the back of both sets polish up very well and hold an extremely keen edge

The only downfall I find with these lidl chisels are that I wished the 8mm was a 6mm/1/4

Bm101":1emb7hnk said:
Anyone used the tap and die set?

Anyone used the 2 quid epoxy? They appeared to have two types when I was in.

When I was leaving a young lad passed me pulling a pallet, on the pallet was some plunge saws along with tracks in separate boxes. No idea how much they were.

Edit: Forgot to say, bought some chisels and, after trying them, they are definitely punching above their price point. I'm very happy with them.

I've used the dual tube gear several times and it's held up fine Joe. I've got some of the putty rolls too but not got round to fixing the kitchen cabinets with it yet. :oops:

I hadn't Mike. Thankyou for sharing. Don't tell the Mrs though!

Just had a thought on those, they would work with the budget Ikea units that don't have a service duct at the back, would make the Ikea units far more acceptable.

Mike

Popped in today on the way home. Doooobe dooo. Picked up the dies and taps and the riveter. The tap set looks ok tbh. Looking at cutting a slit in them. Also picked up a diving suit with faux Brass Helmet and air pump, a whole pig on a skewer and a Negative Rainbow Generator. Sweet.

I saw these again today in Lidl. I have some that I bought 18 months ago. The handles on the ones for sale at the moment are Beech, whereas the ones I have are Hornbeam and look better IMO.

Anyways, they are actually ok chisels. They have the usual German trade stamp on them. As mentioned before Paul Sellers has a video with favourable comments about them. He seems to know about hand tools :) Yes, Lie Nielsons are going to be better, but for this price, why not?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Geordie Joe":2tzlwvj5 said:
Bm101":2tzlwvj5 said:
Anyone used the tap and die set?

Anyone used the 2 quid epoxy? They appeared to have two types when I was in.

When I was leaving a young lad passed me pulling a pallet, on the pallet was some plunge saws along with tracks in separate boxes. No idea how much they were.

Edit: Forgot to say, bought some chisels and, after trying them, they are definitely punching above their price point. I'm very happy with them.
Yes, the Epoxy is fine. I recently used it to stabilise some highly figured walnut. Works well.

Back