Letting go

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickthetree

Established Member
Reaction score
They tug at our heart strings, they claw at our emotions, yet we just cant bear to let those damn off cuts go.

When was they last time I used one? Cant remember.
Do they get in the way? All the time.
Will I need one of them the very next time I enter the workshop after throwing them all out? Almost definitely.

But now my fire basket is brimming, my workshop looks tidy and my mind is clear and focused for the next project to come.

Free yourself my friends.

Have a very merry Christmas.

23525914259_c529063275_z.jpg

p.s. I may have kept one or two.... :oops:

'SHAME'

Alas the stump that was a tree
Felled by others but not me
I came upon a part of that one's limb
And worked with it till smooth and thin

Then made good use with joint and screw
My woodwork skills to show to you
And over time it's being shows
When polished brightly till it glows

Time passes swiftly till once more
That being breaks upon the floor
No longer needed now we learned
Tis to the fire to be burned

I do a 14 yard skip twice a month of off cuts. Very expensive at £275 plus vat. I do burn all the timber.

mickthetree":3qr9kiau said:
They tug at our heart strings, they claw at our emotions, yet we just cant bear to let those damn off cuts go.

When was they last time I used one? Cant remember.
Do they get in the way? All the time.
Will I need one of them the very next time I enter the workshop after throwing them all out? Almost definitely.

But now my fire basket is brimming, my workshop looks tidy and my mind is clear and focused for the next project to come.

I had a box of offcuts around 600x450x450 mm that I'd accumulated outside the shed and offered it on Freecycle.

A lady collected it and said that if I was going to give her any more in the future, would I please keep it dry for her since wet wood was a bother to deal with!

I certainly won't give her any cause for concern with the next box full!!!

With seasonal greetings and my very best wishes for a Happy, Healthy, Peaceful, Successful, Prosperous and Stress-free New Year.

MC

but but.... I have a whole bunch of old chisels that could do with new handles...

Latest posts

Back